Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 small meals

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone had any luck with this method of dieting?

I thought I'd try it out, and I set alarms on my phone to remind me to eat, and drink a glass of water. So far its working out pretty good.

I did a 20 minute work out this morning and I'm fixing to do another 20 minute work out.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Omd12
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Bump want to know responses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
The book I'm reading "the new rules of lifting for women" recommends eating like this. The insanity nutrition guide recommends it as well. I try to do this, although with my work schedule I end up eating 2 meals and a snack maybe 2 snacks if I'm lucky. I try to do multiple high protein meals a day. Breakfast, snack, lunch/dinner, snack and then a snack later (I can only do a desperate lunch and dinner on my days off work)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM

i eat 5x/day and i don't diet.  i eat clean 24/7.  when  you eat small, healthy meals frequently, you keep your metabolism going at a steady pace and keep your blood glucose level steady (prevents crashing/binging on food).   you are in fact, fueling your body properly and should never be "hungry".

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I eat 5-6 times a day.  I basically do 400-500 calorie meals, and 100-200 calorie snacks.  So I still have "actual" meals, but I am eating frequently.  I am REALLY happy eating this way!  I can remember DH commenting as I was in the throes of losing how he just didn't get how I was eating constantly yet losing weight.  Hmm...  Maybe there's something to this, dear?  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

sahm111
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I eat like this too.

Quoting musicpisces:

I eat 5-6 times a day.  I basically do 400-500 calorie meals, and 100-200 calorie snacks.  So I still have "actual" meals, but I am eating frequently.  I am REALLY happy eating this way!  I can remember DH commenting as I was in the throes of losing how he just didn't get how I was eating constantly yet losing weight.  Hmm...  Maybe there's something to this, dear?  LOL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)