Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Do you have a gym schedule?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you do the same thing  every time you go to the gym or do you work certain muscle groups on certain days? How about cardio How often? Do you have any type of schedule which days you do what?

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eema.gray
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Daily, I do yoga or pilates for 30 minutes, the crossfit kids home wod (workout of the day), takes around 20 minutes or so, and ballet, approximately 45 minutes.  Two or three days a week, depending on how strong I feel, I lift weight and two or three days a week, I run sprints for 5 to 10 minutes.

itsm3
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM

i workout every day (5-6x/week) at 445/5am.  i alternate HIIT cardio and interval weight lifting every other day.  i also do ab work every other day (usually during my weight days). 

during my weight training, i'll work large muscles with small muscles so something like chest + shoulders + triceps or back+ biceps.... that sort of thing.  when you work large muscle groups with small ones, you increase your heart rate and burn more calories. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I don't currently, but I have in the past.  Right now, with school, I kind of have to go off of my energy level.  I have to get up at 4AM to get in my workouts most days (I do it even on the weekends, so it's not impossible to do it on Monday!), but if I've been up late working on a paper or something, I will allow myself to sleep an extra hour.  I try to target each body part at least once a week.  I tend to put on muscle easily, so I don't do strength much more than that, except maybe a JM DVD or something.  I do runs more often than not, or I get on my bike.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Monday and Friday I do weights at the gym, Wednesday I do weights at home, and Tuesday and Thursday I do cardio at the gym :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
Getting ready for the WW open house Saturday! Hope they like my decorations!
Yesterday at 8:49 PM
by Adrienne on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I do whatever is opposite of where I am sore or what sounds fun at the time. But I have been told I need more structure, boo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hawtbod02
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM
See, I really don't know much about this. I just joined the gym and want to do all that I can. They have circit training so I try to do cardio of some sort + the circit training. Is that good?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melaniecerise
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Tuesday and Thursday, I meet with my workout buddy and do an hour to two hours of cardio including walking, bicycle, and elliptical. On Saturdays I go by myself and do strengthening.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I don't go to an actual gym- I go to a zuma studio for my workouts

Monday- piyo -45 min then I do a zumba class - so 4:30 to 6:30 (15 min in between)

Tuesday- zumba at 5:30 (sometimes I skip this class- but I usually go)

Wednesday - sometimes I do the morning zumba class at 9:30 and/ or the 5:30 class (which is now a hip hop cardio class)

Thursday-  pilates -45 min class followed by the 5:30 zumba

Friday - same as Wed- sometimes morning...but always the 5:30 zumba

Saturday - zumba at 9am and another class at 10:30 (been doing both lately) * before I started the doubles- they had a belly dance class that day that I was going to, but that instructor moved :(

Sunday- nothing!

*I also have belly dance DVDs and bands/ small weights, small ball, a treadmill and small weight machine at home that I use on days I take off from the studio or add here and there

dee06
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM

This is exactly how I do things. I'm sure structure is needed but I'm not really a structured kind of person. 

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

I do whatever is opposite of where I am sore or what sounds fun at the time. But I have been told I need more structure, boo.

pcroc876
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Personally, I do Baptiste yoga three times a week and do spin class or just my own bike riding at least 2 times a week to help boost my cardio. However, I LOVE circuit training and HIIT cardio, it's awesome and you feel great after. I have an injured knee right now so have to avoid this for a while but circuit is super good for you and fun at the same time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)