Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I just don't understand....what's the point!?!?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 37 Replies
For the last 3 weeks I have been eating rights lots of fruits and veggies I have been doing great with portion control. I have been counting calories drinking only water. For the 1st 2 weeks I exercised every day (i tried insanity i couldnt do it) i was walking 3 miles and every other day doing jillian michaels 30 day shred every other day until Monday I hurt my leg and haven't been able to hardly walk on it. Even though I haven't been able to exercise I have continued to eat right. Well I got on the scale this afternoon and after 3 weeks i haven't lost a single pound :( this just really sucks!!! I thought I was doing so good i don't understand what I have done wrong. I don't know what else I can do. If u would have even lost 1 lbs it would have been better than nothing!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM
That is really frustrating! How many calories are you eating a day? How often are you eating?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ninjabubble
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Eat a steak. You'll feel better :)

No seriously. I had that problem and still do. So I say fuck it, eat a giant steak and then I'm losing some weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjabubble
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:54 AM
I've actually given up on trying to lose weight. After 8 months of losing nothing, I was done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I'm eating about 1700 calories a day I have been eating 3 solid meals a day and 2-3 snacks a day.

Quoting armygirl16:

That is really frustrating! How many calories are you eating a day? How often are you eating?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I actually just a ate a steak Saturday but was good and had a salad and half of a sweet potato with it. I try not to completely deprive myself of any of my favorite foods lol. Idk if i can last 8 month without losing something. I already want to throw in the towel

Quoting Ninjabubble:

I've actually given up on trying to lose weight. After 8 months of losing nothing, I was done.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Would you post a day's menu for me to look at? Sometimes another set of eyes really helps and I might see something that you don't.. I can also give other options if necessary. 

Have had calculated your BMR? Where did you get 1700 calories? Is walking the only workout you are doing now? Is your leg healed at all? How did you injure yourself? How much water do you drink daily? 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:11 AM
2 moms liked this
In the first 2-4 weeks of exercising, your body is trying to get rid of the excess glucose that stores in the liver that helps makes us fat. When we exercise, it breaks down. The firsr 2-4 weeks that's basically all it's doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Diana on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Don't give up! I know we as women get so frustrated and unmotivated sometimes by listening or reading how one person lost 10lbs within a month and then we look at ourselves and say hey we're doing the same and I haven't lost anything... What gives?

All I can say from experience is that everyone is different. What works in an instant for someone may take a while for another. It took me 6 months to loose 20lbs and keep it off. The first 2-3 months was a roller coaster, but I never got off it. Now that I've overcome this plateau I've been averaging at a pound or so weight loss every week. I'm so happy I never gave up even though I had my battles with food, but I kept going I slowly made changes in my diet and have come to the conclusion that this lifestyle is not temporary... It's a compete lifestyle change. I'm 31 now and I feel great.... Something I haven't felt in years. I'm tired of this yoyo dieting and quick fixes. I'm not getting any younger and would love to look and feel great now before it gets harder.

Change your way of thinking... Don't kick yourself because you see it's easier for others... Just don't think about it and do it. No more why's or how come's just do it.... Trust me you'll be happy you did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM

this is exactly what happens to me.  i started in early january.  6 wks later, i weigh exactly the same.  i'm extremely frustrated too.  

ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Try vi shakes 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN