Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I just don't understand....what's the point!?!?

Posted by   + Show Post
For the last 3 weeks I have been eating rights lots of fruits and veggies I have been doing great with portion control. I have been counting calories drinking only water. For the 1st 2 weeks I exercised every day (i tried insanity i couldnt do it) i was walking 3 miles and every other day doing jillian michaels 30 day shred every other day until Monday I hurt my leg and haven't been able to hardly walk on it. Even though I haven't been able to exercise I have continued to eat right. Well I got on the scale this afternoon and after 3 weeks i haven't lost a single pound :( this just really sucks!!! I thought I was doing so good i don't understand what I have done wrong. I don't know what else I can do. If u would have even lost 1 lbs it would have been better than nothing!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommyfrey83
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I hit a lot of plateaus with my weight loss. The way I look at it is even if I'm not losing weight at least I know I'm being healthier. I know it's hard but if you stick with it you should start losing soon. 

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I love mine. I have lost 6 lbs and some inches but haven't measured lately!!!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Try vi shakes 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this
We don't encourage meal replacement shakes or pills in this group since its a healthy weight loss group.

OP, don't give up! Keep going. PP's had some good advice, post a days worth of food so we can help you out a little more. And make sure you're staying within your BMR range. Just don't quit, your body will catch up eventually if you're doing it right :)

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Try vi shakes 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gdsTX
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting BeAmour:

In the first 2-4 weeks of exercising, your body is trying to get rid of the excess glucose that stores in the liver that helps makes us fat. When we exercise, it breaks down. The firsr 2-4 weeks that's basically all it's doing.

This. Your body needs to get rid of all the bad stuff it has stored up. We are always told that muscle is more dense than fat. Once you get past that wall of burning up the stores, the weight will drop off, but quick weight loss isn't really healthy. Being healthy includes converting the mass into muscle. Healthy muscle tone helps with burning off the fat for a healthy body. I'm just saying to keep at it and the fat will drop off, but don't expect the weight to start falling by leaps and bounds at all times. There are many walls/plateaus you can run into before you reach your goal and don't get discouraged by small increases either.

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM

You might be replacing fat with muscle. 8)

Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Yes I have had my BMR calculated and it says i was told I should be eating closer to 2000 but I just can't seem to get that hight no matter what I eat.

Breakfast: omelet with spinach, onion, bell pepper and turkey bacon. And some type of fruit.

Lunch: turkey and quinoa burger with a salad and low fat dressing

Dinner: boneless skinless chicken breast with mixed veggies and sometimes brown rice

Snacks: it varies I have little bags I have premade with mixture on fruit and veggies, I also have snack bags with nuts that I have measured out, apples with peanut butter. I always eat 2-3 of these snacks a day.

I hurt my leg playing outside in the snow with my ds I was chasing him throwing snow balls and slipped and fell. I was doing the 30 day shred and I was loving it until I hurt my leg. I drink 16 oz 6 times a day.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Would you post a day's menu for me to look at? Sometimes another set of eyes really helps and I might see something that you don't.. I can also give other options if necessary. 

Have had calculated your BMR? Where did you get 1700 calories? Is walking the only workout you are doing now? Is your leg healed at all? How did you injure yourself? How much water do you drink daily? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Thank you ladies I don't have time to reply to everyone right now. I am trying not to get discouraged its just hard when I've changed so many things in my life and have no results. Thanks again for the encouragement!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aloysious
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I know how you feel!  But don't give up!

it takes me forever to drop pounds and lose inches.  But I noticed the changes in my body were good.  My clothes fit better and my body felt firmer, even though I wasn't losing weight. 

Just keep eating right and do what you can with your bum leg. 

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM

exactly. that's why I liked having my body measurements done by my trainer (when I worked with one, I don't right now) because the scale doesn't tell the whole story. since I don't have anyone to do my measurements (guess I could do them myself lol) I just buy clothes a size smaller and keep trying them on. when they fit I know that my body is changing even when the scale stays the same. Or push yourself during a workout and see how much easier it is, at least that's progress. like pp said sometimes the fact that you're trying to be healthy and making the right choices has to be enough, the loss will come later. Also, I don't think 3 weeks is really enough time to see any significant loss, so you shouldn't be that discouraged, it takes time

Quoting mem82:

You might be replacing fat with muscle. 8)

ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I have lost 46 so far.

Quoting a06z08mama:

I love mine. I have lost 6 lbs and some inches but haven't measured lately!!!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Try vi shakes 

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)