Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I NEED HELP

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 15 Replies
Okay, I feel like I am constantly at battle with myself. I want to lose weight but I have absolute NO motivation!!! I need something that keeps me going. I need to lose at least 50 pounds. I have tried lose it and my fitness pal. Nothing is helping me. I have realized in the last two weeks, I have been way over eating. Not as in snacking but as in way too much at one meal. I need to stop but for some reason I can't. I hate this. I hate the way I look. And to top it off my 10 month old is always attached to me. I need something. Anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shawna510
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM
GO FOR IT! DO IT! Think about how proud you will be when you get just halfway to your goal. Just remember every pound lost is a win!
twyliatepeka
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM
You can do it. You just have to do it. I am the same way. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of everything.
Hulagirl55
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Weight Watchers. I did it. I loved it. It's not nearly as hard as you might think it is. Give it a shot. You might amaze yourself at how "do-able" it is.

soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Wear your baby in a carrier and start walking. Every day.
Little by little you will build your distance, baby will LOVE it, probably start napping better, and its just peaceful.
Make it a daily habit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I cannot give you motivation...neither can anyone else. Motivation has to come from within you. Period. 

I can give you the tools, but I cannot stop you from eating too much, nor can I stop you from hitting the drive thru.. I can't force you to exercise either. 

Most people have to hit rock bottom in order to really get motivated in their journey. You can do this. YOU have to believe in yourself and then you will succeed. You are worthy of being healthy and happy. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

whatmynameagain
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:20 AM
O have trouble motivating and tend toward self sabotash overran a bit when I feel negative about things. I decided to think positive and inly speak kindly to myself. It sounds so simple but I've been doing it for a week now and it has really changed my attitude from positive to negative. Now I know im worth it and really trying. Igib slip up im not hard in me I tell myself next time I will make s healthier choice and I do. Planning out meals ahead that are healthy helps. If o feel neg voice coming on I tell it to shut up and think pos. I have a baby just turned one yr old she isjust my fifth appendage -lol. I get that. When she was younger i wore her and out ny toddler in the stroller around the block with me ,it tinedand up my arms a bit. Now I do dvds at homeand walk when Dh is around to be with the kidlets. I feed baby then she likes to play on the floor while my older two exercise with or play around me. She seems happy as ling as im in the room. Yeah there are days when im interupted mid workout, several times but I jus go back.ti my workout after or be glad I got donethe what iI did, even if it was ten minutes , it was better than sitting around wishin g I had exercised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Diana on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Amen!

Quoting mcginnisc:

I cannot give you motivation...neither can anyone else. Motivation has to come from within you. Period. 

I can give you the tools, but I cannot stop you from eating too much, nor can I stop you from hitting the drive thru.. I can't force you to exercise either. 

Most people have to hit rock bottom in order to really get motivated in their journey. You can do this. YOU have to believe in yourself and then you will succeed. You are worthy of being healthy and happy. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lancet98
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Ten months olds are usually attached to their mothers.  

As far as losing weight, get on a program like weight watchers where you write down what you eat (their own website makes that incredibly easy and quick), but also develop some patience.   Your goal should be aiming at losing 1 to 2 lbs a week.   TO lose weight healthily, it takes time, the weight comes off gradually, and it takes being aware of what one eats.

You need to stop getting frustrated and upset about it.  If you have an underlying problem like depression or anxiety, seek help for that too.  

If you follow a sensible program, the weight will come off.   A 'sensible' program is about making little changes, every day.   A 'sensible program' isn't just about what you eat, though, it's about de-stressing and exercising.   Plan on walking 15 minutes a day, every day, briskly.   You can put Junior in a stroller.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Try vi shakes

MommyRoberts626
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies! I know motivation has to come from me. It's super hard but I am going to take everything you ladies said and try to apply it to my life. I know weight loss is a lfestyle change not just a diet. I just have to get my head in the right place. Thank you ladies for all your advice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)