Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

☂ Nannie's Notes ☂ Weightloss Journal

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 62 Replies
3 moms liked this

Feb, 28 2013

I  started my WLJ on Thanksgiving Day in 2012.

Starting Weight : 206

Current Weight: 187

Nothing, I mean NOTHING is going to stop me now!

cute animation :) Pictures, Images and Photos  On the inside, looking out..

nannie Pictures, Images and Photos

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

3/4/2013

SW: 206

CW: 191

Dear Diary,

The more I lose weight the more I get sabatoged. Of course I don't allow it, but it seems as though my significant other doesn't like the fact that I'm losing weight. For instance, he actually noticed it and went to the grocery store and bought tons and tons of chocolate (hershey's kisses, health bars, etc), and chips (lots and lots of chips). He did that on purpose. Yesterday he looked at me and said "WHY would you WANT to lose weight?". It really got under my skin so I didn't answer.. then he looked at me and said "Well, whatever makes you happy." then he rolled his eyes. I think he feels insecure. The more I lose weight the more attention I will probably get. He's going to have to get over it. Once I hit goal, and stay that way for along time he'll see.. it's not what he thinks it will be like.

-Nannie

NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Insanity: Doing the same things over and over again expecting different results

-Albert Einstein

Dear Diary,

I've learned not to listen to anyone except myself. There's so much conflicted information out there and I feel that large corporations pray on people who are desperate. It's sad. "Take this pill and you'll lose weight, join this program and you'll lose the weight.." Does it end?

Honestly, I don't need a program or a special pill to help me lose weight. I buy wholesome foods and exercise. That's all. The weight IS coming off for the first time in about 8 years.

I've learned that it's about balance for me. (not speaking for anyone else, just me). If I eat a more balanced diet.. I don't binge. I don't restrict. It works for me.

Till next time,

Nannie

NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

CW: 190

Dear Diary,

As expected I'm steadily losing weight because I'm working really hard at it. Losing weight for me isn't just about looking good.. it's also about self confidence. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. My husband and I went to Lowe's the other day to pick up a couple of things and we decided to take the self check out isle. I noticed that there are huge cameras pointed right at your face and it's like looking at yourself on TV. I couldn't believe how big I looked. I'm just not happy right now. I guess it's expected. I did this to myself. While doing it, I managed to obtain sleep apnea, type two diabetes and hypertention. Well, isn't that a big wake up call. Now, I'm busy undoing all the damage I've done.

I'm missing out on life just by being this way. I'm done with it, change is happening as we speak.

Till next time,

Nannie

NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Dear Diary,

I look back on all the crazy binge eating sessions I had in the middle of the night., and it terrifies me. I realize how much of a hold it has on me and how powerful it is that sometimes no matter how strong I feel, I feel like it will just suck me right back in again.

I've been really strong lately. I'm losing weight, feeling good and focused on my goals. But I don't think food addiction can be cured, I think it's something that I have to live with the rest of my life. Counting/measuring and more counting/measuring. Yesterday I ate something I shouldn't have and for the first time in my life I was scared that I did that. Scared that I ate more than I should've. I don't think I should be so worried about it, but I know that when I over eat it doesn't stop. It means I just triggered another binge. So, what I did was I went straight to bed right after to avoid binging once again. Well, it worked. But I think I need to be a lot more careful.

Till Next time,

-Nannie

kcangel63
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Remember that you are strong. Try to overcome the cravings. Since as far back as I can remember I would eat at 9, 10, 11, or 12 at night. This last week I finally got past the insane feeling that I NEEDED to eat something. Not from hunger. Just from habit.

Keep it up. You will continue to melt the fat off and build muscle. Healthy foods are necessary. They can easily taste good too. Good luck!

I love that you are writing a diary of your feelings. I think I'll do this on mine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Thank you so much for the support and kind words, it means the world to me. :)

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that has this problem, which makes me feel really bad about myself.

Again, thank you so much for your support :)

Quoting kcangel63:

Remember that you are strong. Try to overcome the cravings. Since as far back as I can remember I would eat at 9, 10, 11, or 12 at night. This last week I finally got past the insane feeling that I NEEDED to eat something. Not from hunger. Just from habit.

Keep it up. You will continue to melt the fat off and build muscle. Healthy foods are necessary. They can easily taste good too. Good luck!

I love that you are writing a diary of your feelings. I think I'll do this on mine.

jamie93
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think just like you! I'm so terrified of messing up and when I do I think to myself "oh well, I've already screwed up might as well go big or go home." but then I talk myself out of that. (thank goodness!!) I have slipped up yesterday and today. But I didn't over due it.  I too have a problem with over eating. I haven't seen any weight loss yet (but no wonder I've only been doing this for 4 days now lol) but I'm aiming for small goals so I don't freak at such a large number to lose. Keep up the good work. I'll definitely be following your journey! 

NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much Jamie93. It's very tough changing how we eat especially after being used to it for so long, that it almost feels foreign. I know that it's part of the process, changing/evolving etc.

One day at a time for you and me.. we can do this, it takes time but I know we can.

Thank you so much for supporting me, I support you as well. I'm here for you. Reach out if you want to talk...anytime

(((huge hugs)))

Quoting jamie93:

I think just like you! I'm so terrified of messing up and when I do I think to myself "oh well, I've already screwed up might as well go big or go home." but then I talk myself out of that. (thank goodness!!) I have slipped up yesterday and today. But I didn't over due it.  I too have a problem with over eating. I haven't seen any weight loss yet (but no wonder I've only been doing this for 4 days now lol) but I'm aiming for small goals so I don't freak at such a large number to lose. Keep up the good work. I'll definitely be following your journey! 

jamie93
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you! I can definitely use the support! I'm Jamie by the way lol. I'm actually debating wether or not to start a vlog. About to make a post to see what everyone thinks about it. I'd like to be able to see my progress, and I believe that having people watching me will motivate me more. Ya know? 

I know exactly what you mean about getting out of the habit of eating bad things. There was a saying my grand dad always said "If it tastes good spit it out!" I just have to make healthy foods taste good.

Quoting NanniesKitchen:

Thank you so much Jamie93. It's very tough changing how we eat especially after being used to it for so long, that it almost feels foreign. I know that it's part of the process, changing/evolving etc.

One day at a time for you and me.. we can do this, it takes time but I know we can.

Thank you so much for supporting me, I support you as well. I'm here for you. Reach out if you want to talk...anytime

(((huge hugs)))

Quoting jamie93:

NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Jamie it's nice to meet you, I have to quickly say that your Granddad probably got the saying "if it tastes good spit it out" from Jack LaLanne. Ever heard of him? He was a popular health and fitness guru in the 1950's. He has great videos on Youtube. He used to say that all the time.

The blog idea is a great idea. Where ever you decide to post is a good idea in and of itself just so you can see your progress. If you open a blog let me know, I'll follow your journey. You have my support 100%. <3

-Nannie

Quoting jamie93:

Thank you! I can definitely use the support! I'm Jamie by the way lol. I'm actually debating wether or not to start a vlog. About to make a post to see what everyone thinks about it. I'd like to be able to see my progress, and I believe that having people watching me will motivate me more. Ya know? 

I know exactly what you mean about getting out of the habit of eating bad things. There was a saying my grand dad always said "If it tastes good spit it out!" I just have to make healthy foods taste good.

Quoting NanniesKitchen:

(((huge hugs)))

Quoting jamie93:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN