Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more fat secret **My Weight Loss Journal**

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 600 Replies
17 moms liked this

Below is when I started this fitness journey... and this is the link to the next chapter

Sweating Till I'm Shredded

Well lets start with the facts...

I'm 27.. 5'6" and battling a prolactin tumor (basically its a tumor that presses on my pituitary gland which controls hormones and my body thinks it is pregnant when it really isn't... oh and it makes it impossible to conceive without medical assistance ... think milky boobies,  unintended weight gains, uncontrollable moods and missed periods constantly).  Stats when I got diagnosed with my tumor in 2009, I was not pregnant and my prolactin levels were in the 400s... to put that in perspective a non pregnant woman's levels are 2 - 29 and a pregnant woman's prolactin levels are 10 - 209. I was off the charts basically. It made sense looking back on it why when I went to college my weight was hard to manage  even though I chalked it up college and stress. I was able to keep my weight down enough to join the military. I went from 145 in hs to 160 by the time I graduated college and joined the National Guard.

Below weighing around 160 in college going to a marine corps ball:

I got married in Dec 2008 and my husband has loved me through it all. He knew me when I was much thinner and seen me go up in weight and never has said a negative thing about it... if anything he has been the person supporting me and telling me not to give up when I have tried my hardest with no results thanks to my unknown medical issues.

I always kept my weight a secret from my husband out of embarrassmentHe is 5'7" and weighs around 130 but right now closer to 140.  When I say I hid my weight... I really hid it. I never ever let him see me jump on the scale. It didn't matter that he had seen me naked daily being that we were married... Just the sheer number being so much higher than his was depressing.

I started medication once I got diagnosed in 2009 and working on regulating my hormones.  Even with medication it was a long battle... many tears of pain over not having sucess thanks to my condition. My husband went away on a 10 month deployment in 2011.. I figured I need to just focus on getting healthy and working out became my full time job and I lost 20lbs while he was gone.

While husband was gone... the day of my graduate commencement (not a good picture but whoooooa my face was pretty fat and I def was around 220lbs there):

A picture of me close to my husband coming home from deployment and 20 lbs lighter:

Low and behold after trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant for 3 years and 2 of those years with medication to help regulate my hormones... BAM!!! Feb 2012 I get pregnant immediately once my husband got home from his deployment. I think medication and losing weight made it all happen.

At my last appointment a week before giving birth (had my son Oct 16th, 2012) I weighed in at around 235... my son weighed in at an 8lbs even.

Below is 36 weeks and you can imagine how much bigger I got:

Most recent body pic I have:

Currently I am down 30lbs... I'm 5 lbs away from DHs return deployment weight. My goal is to try to get down to anywhere from 170-145 lbs by my son's first birthday. That means I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm willing to commit to being a healthier me. I don't want my fat and weight to be my embarssasing secret anymore. I'm ready to be epic and reach my goals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress pictures as we go:

This is my most current before and after for muscle building:

the left side is before and the right is now

July2,2013

Most recent: Oct 6, 2013 three weeks with my new coach

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I weighed myself today (of course naked because dont want to count clothes lol not even socks). I'm 205.8... I went to the doctors because my knee has been bothering me lately and constantly swelling. She wants x-rays done but she didn't even like the sound or feel of it when she was examining my knee. She thinks it might be arthritis... We went over my pituitary condition as well. Her remark was I'm too young to be having these issues but I take my struggles and challenges as they come. I need to do my x-ray tomorrow because I took my son with me... Husband is coming back to tonight from a work trip (got to love the marine corps). So I will get an x ray tomorrow and need to pick up my medicinaton (got a stronger one prescribed by my endocrinologist and an anti-inflammatory from my PCP). Tonight fingers crossed I can go to the gym... If not i at least can do a workout at home as my DH watches our son. 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Food and water:

Was starving because we were running late to the doctors appointment at 0840 and skipped breakfast which is bad I know. I'm sick (LO has RSV) so eating has not been so motivating all the time... So if I don't consume all my calories there is a reason.

• Footlong Italian BMT 452
  • Cookie 170
  • 26oz of water
  • Cup of coffee
  • Orange 63
  • 24oz of water
  • 24oz of water
MommyTo5Boys
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM
7 moms liked this

Even in your "fat" pics you looked good.

I really don't think you looked bad at all and most of it was prob in your head! 

You are beautiful!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
MommyTo5Boys
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I have had rheumatoid arthritis since my 20's and my DS in in his teens and has had juvenile arthritis for a few years now :( you're never too young for arthritis. 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I weighed myself today (of course naked because dont want to count clothes lol not even socks). I'm 205.8... I went to the doctors because my knee has been bothering me lately and constantly swelling. She wants x-rays done but she didn't even like the sound or feel of it when she was examining my knee. She thinks it might be arthritis... We went over my pituitary condition as well. Her remark was I'm too young to be having these issues but I take my struggles and challenges as they come. I need to do my x-ray tomorrow because I took my son with me... Husband is coming back to tonight from a work trip (got to love the marine corps). So I will get an x ray tomorrow and need to pick up my medicinaton (got a stronger one prescribed by my endocrinologist and an anti-inflammatory from my PCP). Tonight fingers crossed I can go to the gym... If not i at least can do a workout at home as my DH watches our son. 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Oh I believe it... It really sucks to have esp when you need to be active to help lose weight. I've had knee problems since high school and now it's just more apparently trying to be more active.

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

I have had rheumatoid arthritis since my 20's and my DS in in his teens and has had juvenile arthritis for a few years now :( you're never too young for arthritis. 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

You are sweet... My husband says the same. I think it's like in my mind I know where my body use to be... And I miss that athletic smaller me. One day one day.  

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

I really don't think you looked bad at all and most of it was prob in your head! 

You are beautiful!

MommyTo5Boys
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you are getting too hung up on the number on the scale. Even in the pic you say is 220 I would have never guessed even close to that. You must carry your weight extremely well! 

If you feel like you have to lose weight and you are doing it healthy then great. But just by looking at the pics, you look amazing in all of them! 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

You are sweet... My husband says the same. I think it's like in my mind I know where my body use to be... And I miss that athletic smaller me. One day one day.  

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

You are beautiful!

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

i like your post, please follow me too, I need motivation, this is soooooo hard.. just looking to lose 15-2? lbs..  I am trying to think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, because right now I want to eat, but I know for no reason.. so trying to think of other things, lol.. You look fantastic and you have seen results thats soooo awesome.. Sorry about your dx but looks like you are a fighter, Yeah! My journal in this group is I want my sexy back, Plain and simple, I REALLY DO, Lol.. Take care and happy Friday!!!!

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Yea I always managed to carry weight well lol...I think I obess over the number seeing how lean and thin my husband is and also being in the National Guard... I have to make sure I don't look horrible in uninform every month. But I'm def trying to get my mindset right. I appreciate the encouragement and kind words.

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

I think you are getting too hung up on the number on the scale. Even in the pic you say is 220 I would have never guessed even close to that. You must carry your weight extremely well! 

If you feel like you have to lose weight and you are doing it healthy then great. But just by looking at the pics, you look amazing in all of them! 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Quoting MommyTo5Boys:

You are beautiful!

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

When I get those bored hunger moods... I drink water, protein shake (made with almond milk and a banana if Im craving sweet), or a fruit. That way I can wait it out and see if I'm really hungry. Ill follow your journal as well. Thanks for hitting up my journal.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

i like your post, please follow me too, I need motivation, this is soooooo hard.. just looking to lose 15-2? lbs..  I am trying to think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, because right now I want to eat, but I know for no reason.. so trying to think of other things, lol.. You look fantastic and you have seen results thats soooo awesome.. Sorry about your dx but looks like you are a fighter, Yeah! My journal in this group is I want my sexy back, Plain and simple, I REALLY DO, Lol.. Take care and happy Friday!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)