Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Danyell9301's Healthy and fit after 45

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:45 AM
  • 23 Replies

I am a single mother of 2 beautiful girls. We are on a journey together to get healthy and fit. I want to show my girls it can be done at any age and after any injury.

I have been working so hard to get healthy and fit, but have not lost a whole lost. Time to step it up a lot. 

This is a good place to start. 

I would like to lose about 35-50 pounds and try to get a lot more healthy.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tamullen607
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM

BUMP!

Danyell9301
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Today started out very slow. I guess only getting 4 and a half hours of sleep could be the cause of the slow morning start. Took Jamie(11) to school, helped out getting middle school kids to the right class. That took a total of 25 minutes and a total of 2500 steps to start. Now only 7500 more steps to go. Finally home now, migraine still here. 

Time for a half a cup of coffee, no sugar and a little milk with a protien bar, vitamins, and maybe some toast, then check email for about 30 minutes. Then check with Mom and Uncle to see if they need to go anywhere today. If they don't, then it will be time to do laundry and clean house.

If you are having a hot flash put it to good work. Hot flash is the best time for a extra little workout.

Danyell9301
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yesterday was a great day. Spent time with the family, set up my mother's new computer and generally had a lazy day

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey Hey Hey!  You have definitely come to the right place! You are never too old to get healthy!!! And be a great example to your kiddoes.  Good luck on your journey! Can't wait to see all your progress! :)

Danyell9301
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Think my kids are mad at me. I refuse to take sides and told them both they were wrong. Told them that they had to get along, because in the real world all they really have is each other. Then horomones hit and I cried for an hour, then got mad again and now I just feel tired and helpless. 

I did however manage to lose 1 pound this week. Guess that is better than nothing. Time for a hot bath and a nap.

Danyell9301
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Thank you. Right now I am feel pretty low.
Quoting mjgm1966:

Hey Hey Hey!  You have definitely come to the right place! You are never too old to get healthy!!! And be a great example to your kiddoes.  Good luck on your journey! Can't wait to see all your progress! :)

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:31 AM

Sorry you're feeling so low.  One pound down is one pound gone.  A victory is a victory! No matter how great or small. :) Just take it one day at at time.  Remember to breathe.....It's easy to put our health on the back burner when we have so many other struggles going on in our lives.  Yet, this could be a good focal point for you.  A place to put all your other anxieties.  When you are frustrated, walk it out! Work it out! Your daughters will notice all your hard work and jump on board--and cheer you on.  YOU CAN DO THIS!  Hang in there! hugs

Danyell9301
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

thanks you just dont know how much I needed to see that this morning. Doctor says I am in the beginning stage of menopause(wooohooo). She says it will be a very strange emotional time for me, but to stay positive. 

I feel a little better this morning. Could be the new hormones. Having a hot flash time to workout.

Danyell9301
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I took a yoga and meditation class tonight. It was very interesting. A lot of the positions are to advanced for me now, but I will keep practicing them. Still feel low, but working on it. Somedays I just wanna sit and cry, then I get mad, and a few minutes later I am fine. 

Weight lose will pick back up in a few days I hope. 

Danyell9301
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Sorry did not post yesterday. Spent the day with my dad, it waaas his 65th bday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)