Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

cant burn more than 400cals during workout :(

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 18 Replies

hi all,

i've been doing beachbody programs for over a year, hit all of my fitness goals and continue to push/challenge myself fitness-wise. i like to consider myself physically fit because of all the hard work i've done....i've completed insanity, asylum/p90x hybrid and currently mixing up body beast with asylum/GSP rushfit. i eat clean 24/7 with no cheating and i always eat within my daily caloric range.

i have a polar ft60 HRM which i wear during every workout (with chest strap). my resting heart rate when i first started my fitness journey last year was close to 80bpm. i rechecked my resting heart rate last week (twice, just to make sure) and did it when i woke up; both times i did it, it said my resting heart rate is 60bpm.

the problem (?): i cannot burn more than 400 cals during any workout! i feel challenged during workouts (esp during insanity workouts) and last week, i did a 60minute kettlebell/tabata class that was really tough. i did the full 60mins with no extra breaks (only three one-minute breaks were allocated) and at the end of the workout, i looked at my HRM and i only burned 392cals!

just wanted to know if anyone else is in this boat and if this is normal.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Im confused as to why you want to burn more than 400 calories? I dont keep track of calories burned i just work hard.

roxysmommy
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM

This is one of the reasons I won't get a heartrate monitor even though I've been wanting one really bad. I get too focused on the #'s instead of why I'm really doing all this hard work, which is to be fit and healthy. But's here's a bump for you :)

crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM
How old is your heart rate monitor. Do you have your personal settings correct?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM

i bought it in dec 2012.  personal settings are correct; recalibrated twice just to be sure!

Quoting crwspringer:

aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM

How do you know you are eating within your limit ? In order for me to know I'm not eating more than I'm burning I keep track of calories burnt

Quoting rileysmommy229:

Im confused as to why you want to burn more than 400 calories? I dont keep track of calories burned i just work hard.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Is the batterie still good ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rileysmommy229
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Because i've been doing this for 2 years. I've been maintaining for the last year...i look at calories in the food i eat and i eat around 1800-2000 per day which is perfect for my body...after a while you just get to know your body.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

How do you know you are eating within your limit ? In order for me to know I'm not eating more than I'm burning I keep track of calories burnt

Quoting rileysmommy229:

aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I've been doing it for a while as well. If it works for you that's great.It's just a personal preference.

Quoting rileysmommy229:

Because i've been doing this for 2 years. I've been maintaining for the last year...i look at calories in the food i eat and i eat around 1800-2000 per day which is perfect for my body...after a while you just get to know your body.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Quoting rileysmommy229:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Diana on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I haven't had this issue yet :/.... I hope you figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Are wetting the two contacts on the chest strap before working out?

Quoting itsm3:

i bought it in dec 2012.  personal settings are correct; recalibrated twice just to be sure!

Quoting crwspringer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)