Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it Matter?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 11 Replies
What time of day a person works out? I usually do my work out at 8pm after the kids go to bed. Would it be better to start getting up early to work out in the mornings?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Javi05Eli07
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Some say yes, others say no.  I go with the thought that any workout at any time of the day is better than none.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

In an ideal world, you'd get it in at the same time every day, at the time when your energy is highest.  When you consistently work out at the same time, your hormone levels adjust to make that beneficial.

That said, do what works for you.  Workouts that happen are what matter!  =)  If evening workouts are what get done, then go for it!  If getting up early and doing it has appeal, give it a try, but if it makes you want to cry, stick with what you're doing.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM
This! If I don't have to get up I don't. I like evening workouts too.

Quoting musicpisces:

In an ideal world, you'd get it in at the same time every day, at the time when your energy is highest.  When you consistently work out at the same time, your hormone levels adjust to make that beneficial.

That said, do what works for you.  Workouts that happen are what matter!  =)  If evening workouts are what get done, then go for it!  If getting up early and doing it has appeal, give it a try, but if it makes you want to cry, stick with what you're doing.

ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I am not a fan of any time before 7 am. I will stick with evening work outs!

Thanks ladies

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

And see, I'm the opposite- if I wait until the end of the day, I rarely have the energy, and I have too much else to get done, so it won't happen.  I'd rather get up at 4AM and get it in.  Plus, I love to start my day that way.

These days, I have to be crazy flexible with my workouts.  Every day of the week I have a different schedule, so I have to schedule in my workouts at all different times.  But again, the workout that got done is better than the skipped workout!  =)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I always seem to get in mid morning workouts but I don't mind a good painful night hike ;)
I do drag myself out of bed early for yoga most days, but dang if I don't have to.... although I am always happy when I do. Go figure

Quoting musicpisces:

And see, I'm the opposite- if I wait until the end of the day, I rarely have the energy, and I have too much else to get done, so it won't happen.  I'd rather get up at 4AM and get it in.  Plus, I love to start my day that way.

These days, I have to be crazy flexible with my workouts.  Every day of the week I have a different schedule, so I have to schedule in my workouts at all different times.  But again, the workout that got done is better than the skipped workout!  =)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I would rather do midmorning, if I didn't have lecture during that time!  Better once the initial chill of the morning has gone.  But I do love the serenity of those early morning runs (before the world wakes up- it's neat to watch the world wake up!).

Evening runs are neat, too, especially trail runs, when the nocturnal animals start to wake up.  I get my best pics during my early evening trail runs.  Lots of animals out!  I'd love a good moonlit trail run, but the mountain lions are out then.  No thanks!  =)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I always seem to get in mid morning workouts but I don't mind a good painful night hike ;)
I do drag myself out of bed early for yoga most days, but dang if I don't have to.... although I am always happy when I do. Go figure

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I do enjoy seeing the sun come up....although I wish it was for a run more often lol

Quoting musicpisces:

I would rather do midmorning, if I didn't have lecture during that time!  Better once the initial chill of the morning has gone.  But I do love the serenity of those early morning runs (before the world wakes up- it's neat to watch the world wake up!).

Evening runs are neat, too, especially trail runs, when the nocturnal animals start to wake up.  I get my best pics during my early evening trail runs.  Lots of animals out!  I'd love a good moonlit trail run, but the mountain lions are out then.  No thanks!  =)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM

LOL!  I LOVE watching the sunrise during a run!  I feel so alive!!

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I do enjoy seeing the sun come up....although I wish it was for a run more often lol

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

emilyrosenj
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I do both!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)