Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Eating more really does help!

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 4 Replies
Last time I was losing weight I restricted my cals to no more than 1200-1400 a day while working out and breastfeeding. (That was before I joined this group and knew better) once I joined this group I didn't lose anymore. Probably because my body was still getting straightened out from not getting enough cals.

This time around I decided to take the smarter side and keep my cals up around 1400-1600 a day. I am no longer breastfeeding. Have been working out around 2-3 times a weeks. Oh and making sure to drink enough water.

Surprisingly the weight is coming off! Right at a little more than a lb a week..and it is easier this time. Sure I may hit a wall soon and it may get harder. I definitely know that eating the right amount really does make a difference for weight loss.

Thanks for all the help ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree! Before this group I would eat around 1200 calories a day and I was starving!

Then I learned I should eat a minimum of 1600 a day according to my BMR and I feel so much better! I am no longer starving and the weight is coming off much faster than when I ate 1200. :)
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM
:) oh gosh..I remember working out like a crazy woman and being hungry and tired all the time!
Now I am not hungry all the time, I work out 2-3 times a week and it is literally melting off!

A couple weeks ago I was tempted to cut back on the cals to speed up the process and then I reminded myself what happened about a year ago. That stopped that thinking really quickly!

Quoting Mommy_Natural:

I agree! Before this group I would eat around 1200 calories a day and I was starving!

Then I learned I should eat a minimum of 1600 a day according to my BMR and I feel so much better! I am no longer starving and the weight is coming off much faster than when I ate 1200. :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Great job, mama!  Being healthy certainly feels better!  Keep doing what you're doing! =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly!! This way is so much better :) I have so much more energy to put into working out now too lol.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

:) oh gosh..I remember working out like a crazy woman and being hungry and tired all the time!

Now I am not hungry all the time, I work out 2-3 times a week and it is literally melting off!

A couple weeks ago I was tempted to cut back on the cals to speed up the process and then I reminded myself what happened about a year ago. That stopped that thinking really quickly!

Quoting Mommy_Natural:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN