Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Fitbit

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok ladies I need your help here.  I have the bodybugg (the monthly has expired) and it has massive issues with my mac and is a pain in the rear.  I am using sparkpeople to enter my food now and I love their database, I like it a lot more than the bodybuggs.  Now with that said I felt more motivated to be more accurate with the body bugg because I liked watching the balance of food and fitness.  Huge motivator.  I don't want to renew the BB because of all the issues it has with my mac and was wondering how well the fitbit works.  I know that I can sync the fitbit with sparkpeople which makes me happy.  Do you think that the fitbit is a decent tool that could maybe help motivate me kind of like the BB?

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Christy619
by Christy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I love my fitbit but I have to admit, I ocassionally have syncing issues with my mac. It doesnt happen too often and its nothing that re-installing cant fix. I have never used a BB so I cant really compare, but I love watching my balance of cals in vs out also which is the main reason I love my fitbit. Its a huge motivator for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM

That is why I liked the BB also, and it kept me really motivated.  I am thinking the fitbit would work for what I need.  It takes seconds to upload on my hubbys pc but takes 5 min to upload on my mac and my food takes just as long.  Now if my hubby wasn't in the military and deployed often I would just use his computer but since he leaves and takes it with him it's just not possible.  I was so mad the first time I tried his computer instead of mine and it was really quick LOL. 

Quoting Christy619:

I love my fitbit but I have to admit, I ocassionally have syncing issues with my mac. It doesnt happen too often and its nothing that re-installing cant fix. I have never used a BB so I cant really compare, but I love watching my balance of cals in vs out also which is the main reason I love my fitbit. Its a huge motivator for me!

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Fitbit all ways has issues with macs. The food data base isn't as great as mfp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Aw I was hoping that it didn't have to many issues.  I wouldn't use their food data base because I can sync it with sparkpeople and could put my food on there.  HMMM I will have to look into it a little more.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Fitbit all ways has issues with macs. The food data base isn't as great as mfp

-Elayne Boosler

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM

The new Fitbit Ultra doesn't have the same issues with Macs that the One had/has.  I had both, and liked the Ultra better.  They also have good customer service.  When my One was having Mac issues, they kept replacing it, then eventually sent me the new Ultra when it became available.  My only advice is to get a leash for it!!  My Ultra fell off, and they wouldn't do a free replacement (understandable), but they did offer a discounted replacement.

Do a search through the posts in here about Fitbits.  We've talked a lot about them, and we've posted some good info!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Thanks.  I was looking at the ultra.  They are also coming out with one that's like a bracelet soon and was going to wait and see what that one was about to.  I will have to remember a leash though. 

Quoting musicpisces:

The new Fitbit Ultra doesn't have the same issues with Macs that the One had/has.  I had both, and liked the Ultra better.  They also have good customer service.  When my One was having Mac issues, they kept replacing it, then eventually sent me the new Ultra when it became available.  My only advice is to get a leash for it!!  My Ultra fell off, and they wouldn't do a free replacement (understandable), but they did offer a discounted replacement.

Do a search through the posts in here about Fitbits.  We've talked a lot about them, and we've posted some good info!  =)

-Elayne Boosler

amanda_n_e
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a polar ft4. I love it!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Bubbles.
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my fitbit but I sync it with mfp. It has been great reminding me to keep moving during the day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)