Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Checking in... because I've been bad & need encouragement

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

My best friend is pregnant. We work together. We actually use to work with infants together & now she works with toddlers so we are in different rooms. She's about 6 months along. I have had an issue of letting her excuse of eating whatever she craves get to me & I have gained 7 pounds over the past 3 months. I know- it's not alot since it's over the course of 3 months but it is in the wrong direction. 

I know I need to start doing something but I don't feel motivated to do anything. I have had the idea of running in my head, but I come up with excuse after excuse.... too cold, too dark, no one to watch the kids, don't have proper clothing (my yoga pants don't stay up & my sweat pants are capris).... I'm seriously thinking maybe I should get a small tredmill & put it in my living room so I can walk while watching TV?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Try maybe a small goal to stick to it... Like maybe during your lunch break going for a walk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kateleefuller
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I agree that starting off small is a good way to go. Then as you become more comfortable, the thought of running won't seem so bad. It's hard to build your mind up to that point but once you're there, it's so gratifying. Good luck!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Try maybe a small goal to stick to it... Like maybe during your lunch break going for a walk.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Small changes are a great way to go! Also, really, her caving to every craving will catch up with her. But that's a separate issue.
Do you pack your food for work, or do you buy food? Sometimes packing your food can be really helpful. That's what I do, and it makes a big difference.
A treadmill is a great option if you can afford one and you have the space. We just bought one today, actually, so that I can study on it (walking is better than sitting on my butt going nuts!!), and get in runs I might not otherwise be able to. But make sure you'll actually USE it before you invest the cash.
Really, though, you CAN do this without. There will always be excuses. How will you bust them?? Take some time to write them all out, and how you will realistically bust them all.
Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Well I was all set in taking a walk on my lunch today... then one of my DDs called me saying she was sick. UGH

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN