Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

breaks my heart

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
  • 7 Replies
I cook and bake very healthy. My hubby is obiese and diabetec. He is not taking care of himself and he is very stuborn to change his health. He is only 25. He critisizes my cooking only xause its healthy. All his friends and fam and i are helping him but he wont help himself. I honestly believe that he is goinf to die young. It all just breaks my heart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Aurorasmom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM

at 25!? oh my, that breaks my heart, too.  im so sorry :(

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM
That is really sad :(

I know it sounds mean, but have you tried the "tough love" approach at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I feel ya. I've tried everything but physically twisting DH's arm. Nothing. He's totally in denial about his health, and nothing I say or do will fix it. I've been on my own journey for 3 years, and he's still resistant to joining me. I've good him straight up that I worry about his long term health, our retirement, etc, but none of it seems to sink in. His family has said stuff, too. Not sure what his doc says, but DH tells me the doc says he's fine (of course). I'm about ready to march into that doctor's office myself...
I wish I had advice for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! :-)
Meena20
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Ive done everything. I realized that you cant help someone if they dont want any help.....sad and hate the fact that he does not want any help. Thanks for the support.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Im so sorry :( they have to see it for themselves although don't stop cooking healthy and being a pest.
Sewsofun
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Don't push him too hard, he will start to resent you. He might feel like you think he is not good enough for you because of his weight. You need to show him you love him even if he doesn't lose weight and help him learn to love himself. I am still very heavy. It is extremely hard for me to lose weight but my husband has never made me feel any less than beautiful and that's what gives me the strength to keep going even when it feels impossible. Keep cooking healthy and say that if he wants something else he can make something else but your own health is important to you and you're not going to cook bad food and eat it because HE doesn't want to eat it.
emilyrosenj
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Yeah I used to get upset over my husband too.  But he's determined to kill himself early with his bad eating habits and laziness.  So I just make sure I cook healthy and teach my kids healthy and what he does outside of the house is up to him...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)