Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Post Workout Hangover

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 15 Replies
Lol. Ok so I did a light jog about 2 hours ago and now I have had a headache since. It started feeling like head rush and now its that dull irritating ache. This keeps happening. I have been careful I am drinking my water so I don't think that's it. When will I stop having this or is there something I can do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Are you fueling as well?  Make sure you're not depleting your energy stores too much.

Are you stopping suddenly, or do you allow yourself to cool down?  I need at least some cool down.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I think I'm eating enough. Maybe I should reevaluate it in conjunction with how long afterwards I'm excercising.
I'm fanatical about cool down. I do the running just so I have a great excuse to do some good stretching.
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes a drink like Gatorade will help. You may not be dehydrated but you may need the electrolytes

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Yeah an area im an expert in! Drink some coconut water, take some ibuprofen and suck it up lol. Totally said with love.
GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Lol. Stupid headachw persisted until bed. Took some advil and crashed lol. Too cold for running again today but going to pull up one of the cafemom studio videos. Only 2 advil left so we'll see how it goes.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Yeah an area im an expert in! Drink some coconut water, take some ibuprofen and suck it up lol. Totally said with love.

GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I do get dehydrated at the drop of a hat. I'm really careful with my fluids but I'm going ro watch to see.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Sometimes a drink like Gatorade will help. You may not be dehydrated but you may need the electrolytes

kirbymom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM

It sounds like you may have either an anemia problem or a blood sugar problem and both have the same effects.  I know because that is what happens to me as well. And the usual culprit is either one as I have both issues.  Another possibility is that you have used up your iron and have no way for your body to replenish it, if it is all used up and your low.   These are all energy related problems. Any one of them can zap your energy and give you a terrible headache.   I hope you get to feeling better soon.  

GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Both of these suggestions make total sense. I've had my blood sugar evaluated several times. It always feels off but they can't find anything even though we all expect to. I just finished my period too so I'm at my monthly low for iron levels.

Quoting kirbymom:

It sounds like you may have either an anemia problem or a blood sugar problem and both have the same effects.  I know because that is what happens to me as well. And the usual culprit is either one as I have both issues.  Another possibility is that you have used up your iron and have no way for your body to replenish it, if it is all used up and your low.   These are all energy related problems. Any one of them can zap your energy and give you a terrible headache.   I hope you get to feeling better soon.  

kirbymom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Yeah, my doctors said that these are some of the few that like to hide when going in and getting checked out.  When I was pregnant with one of my kids, the doctors could never catch my blood pressure too high or too low but I ended up with pre-eclampsia and eclampsia which one of the indicators is your blood pressure. They could never figure that out.  But, now that I know that I have these issues, I can pretty much do one or two things and snap myself out of them.   

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Both of these suggestions make total sense. I've had my blood sugar evaluated several times. It always feels off but they can't find anything even though we all expect to. I just finished my period too so I'm at my monthly low for iron levels.

Quoting kirbymom:

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Haha omg. I read this soooo wrong. I thought you meant you were working out with a hangover! Sorry!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)