Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

smooties

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

I want to start making smooties for my self in the am instead of eating cearl or other unhealthy foods. but I dont know how. I got freash strawberrys and bananas as well as frozen strawberry yogurt. Does anyone know any good recipes that I can us with this suff as well as any other recipes.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Check out oxygenmag.com for some good recipes!  I'd try putting the strawberries, a banana, milk, Greek yogurt, and 1 scoop vanilla protein powder together.  You can also add a handful of raw spinach to a smoothie without altering the flavor!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM
For a smoothie that's not postworkout I use coconut milk, frozen fruit, spinach, stuff like that. Its nice to have something different once in a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

2 of my favorites are strawberry  banana and pb banana.

For the strawberry banana I add plain greek yogurt, almond milk, frozen strawberries, and a large banana.

Peanut butter banana (this one tastes like ice cream! very good)

2 large ripe bananas, frozen

3/4 cup almond milk

1-2 tbsp peanut butter

1/4 c ground oats

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I do just protein powder, almond milk, banana without or without a tbspn of peanut butter or extra strawberries. Tou can still make the shake without the powder and with the almond milk and ice added.

cherylmoore
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I use 1 scoop protein powder, 8oz skim milk, frozen strawberries and bananas. Sometimes I do diet sierra mist with strawberries.
Aug-mom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I found some from healthy women's magazine. Protein powder skim milk instant cooked oatmeal berries and ice. Otherwise u can use peanut butter instead of fruit. I like them! They were called belly blasting smoothies :)
3ofheartsmore
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I make smoothies with 2 handfuls of spinich, 8 baby carrots,1  apple, 1 banana, 4-6 strawberries blend, divide into 2 then add 1 cup of vanilla greek yogurt to each. add ice and you can sweeten with honey. very filling!

EslingerCrew11
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I do fruit/veggies, water, sometimes peanut butter & I need to get some protein powder
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaycersmom
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:26 AM

I do a banana, a handful of frozen berries, a spinach cube ( spinach I froze in ice cube trays:) , half an avocado and some water or coconut milk

My kids love it on their pancakes, I just add some extra water and heat it up a little, it's like strawverry syrup

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)