Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm Practically Fit!!! Kim's Weight Loss Journal.

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I started one of these a while back.-but for some reason, it went to the way side.  

This post will be a short one...I'm 5'3".  I weigh 155 and looking to get to 130/135.  

In the past, I have lost about 100 lbs and kept it off....but now the weight loss seems to be getting harder the closer I get to my goal weight, or maybe its the closer I get to 40.  :-)

It's Spring here in Arizona, and I've decided it is time to buckle down and finish what I started.  

Here's to a new me!

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Good luck on your journey!

Kimmer331
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

The last week has not gone like I wanted it.  I need to stop making exuces for myself.  I need to stop telling myself that I can't do it-because I can.  I let the bad things bring me down and give me the stupid excuse that I deserve to have the potato chips.  Today that is what got me.  Other than that, I pretty much stayed on target.  Need to work harder tomorrow to get past those feelings, and realize that there is a better way of dealing with my problems than grabbing a bag of something I shouldn't be eating.

Kimmer331
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Still upset with myself for letting myself get to the point where I feel like I have lost some control of my lfe.  I wish that I could pinpoint the reason I keep doing this to myself.  Over the last couple of weeks I have not made the best of choices.  I wake up with intentions of working out, and then when I don't think I have the time, I roll over an go back to sleep.  I wake up thinking I am going to eat right, but then then night rolls around and it's all I an do to stop grabbing at that which I shouldn't have....and I know it when I am standing there eating it.  

There has to be some changes, or I will never change.  I will go back to that 250 person I use to be, and I REFUSE to do that.  I know I am better than what I have been doing to myself. I know that I am worthy of what I want for myself.  I need to start climbing over the walls that others have built for me.  

Kimmer331
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Been a while since I was on here.  I told myself I was going to be good about checking in daily, but alas, I put to much on my plate once again. 

Over the weekend I had a great dream.  I was living next door to Chalene Johnson and she came out of her home with her workout gear on.  She looked totally fabulous.  I went up to her and told her how much I loved her and how motivating and inspirational she was.  I continued to go on and tell her about how I take one to much and have a hard time handling everything that I try to do.  I went on for a bit in my dream (which I don't remember) but I remember waking up thinking to myself that I have entirely to much going on in my life.  I take on things because I don't like to disappoint people.  I do things out of guilt (for which I have no reason to be guilty for)  That in turn doesn't allow me to focus on what is really important in my life.  I've learned I end up getting burned in the end in so many ways.    

I'm not really sure how I need to handle this situation, but it does need to be handled, because the only one that is suffering is me.  I can't concentrate on the life that I want when I am always focused on every one elses.  

I have been following Chalene's PUSH program both online and with the book.  I have also decided to break my goals down in to more bite size pieces.  That is one of the thing that Chalene says to do-you have your big PUSH goal-but then you need to work on the smaller goals to get you to the big one.  I'm thinking of taking it one step further and breaking mine down even more.  

I need to do something to give my life some order.  

iamcafemom83
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Hi Kim. I just wanted to say that it's ok to do things for YOU. We so often take on things for others, that we forget about ourselves. Put yourself first and you will come out happier and healthier. Trust me, it's something I've had to do, too. It's easier said than done, and takes practice!
Good luck on this fabulous journey you are on!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimmer331
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Yesterday marked the start of a 60 Day Workout Challenge I have with some great people that I have met on Facebook.  I am hoping that by working together to help motivate and inspire each other that we can overcome what has been holding us back for so long.  

My biggest issue lately has been the kitchen.  I am good throughout the day picking good things to eat, but then it's quiet in the house after my daughter is in bed, and I find myself, to many times, going to the kitchen when I am tired, and finding something to eat.  My low point was  a couple of weeks ago when I found myself sitting on the floor in front of the pantry eating out of a bag of Teddy Grahams.  Seriously??  What was I doing?  I know there has to be some underlying issue to all this, but what it comes down to is my will power.  Do I want it bad enough to push past this?  This is where I need to find the time for myself and realize that by being "nice" to myself with food, will never get me anywhere.  I want to lose this last bit of weight and I want to get stronger!  Which one will be stroner?  My desire to self medicate with the food or to become the stong woman and mother I know that I can be.

Kimmer331
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I need to do something draastic.  This night time stuff will be the death of me.  Do I just get rid of anything that may be a temptation?  Where does that leave my daughter?  Ugh.

I can be so great during the day, but lord don't let the sun go down.  I know I don't need to be this way and I know that I can control myself, I've done it before.  So what is the issue now?  Is it life?  Is it food?  Is it control I'm looking for?

Sewsofun
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to stop keeping stuff in the house that will derail you.  I know that it will be hard, but once I stopped buying that stuff for awhile it really has lost it's alure.  The only treat i have is a big cup of chocolate milk at the end of my day, and I'm gradually lowering the quantity of that so I can be satisfied with less.  Now we have graham crackers and cheese crackers and potato chips in the house and I can have one serving and be done and not obsess, but you need to  get them out of your house and to cleanse your body and soul over the power they have over you.  Tell yourself, it's just food.  I used to eat an entire sleeve of chips ahoy at a sitting, and go back for seconds a couple hours later.  I would cry and say to myself "why can't I just stop?". Now I can say to myself if i want some, I will get a small package, eat just those, be satisfied and not think about them again for months.  Remember, it is just food, it is not love, it has no power, it either fuels you or it doesn't.  You could try hanging a sign up on you fridge or pantry or over your kitchen entry to remind yourself to stop and think before you go in and start eating.  Those processed foods have been tested over and over again to become addicting on purpose so you will buy them over and over, and more often etc.

Kimmer331
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Thanks!!!  My neighbor, who is looking to get healthy, and I decided to transition both our families to a Paleo Diet (80/20).  At first I wasn't going to, but decided its worth another shot.  It's been hard for me to stick with anyone one thing without a support system.  My family tends to help me make excuses why I couldn't do it rather than pushing me TO get past all my issues.  Since I probably see them more than I see my own family, it just made sense.  I'm not expecting perfection, but I'm ready to make this positive change.

I'm slowly going to work on transitioning my 7 yr old daughther, as she is her 7 yr old son.  I'm not going for total conversion, but if she can eat a percentage of what I make, I will be happy. She is a very good eater, always willing to try something new.  My goal is to not buy the bad stuff anymore-even in the name of fun-or at the very least in limited, preportioned quantities.

Kimmer331
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM

So rather than my weight going down, it's gone up.  Super frustated with myself for the last couple of days.  Today, I came to my day job, and its been a doozy of a day.  I wasn't happy when I walked in.  

I'm tired of sitting at a desk all day.  I spend most of my time playing on the computer because it's so quiet.  I would love to spend a couple of hours at the gym or out running, but can't be away from the phone just in case someone has to make an appointment.  At least at my night job, I can be around people-and its a bit more physical.  I work as a bartendar at a local bar/grill in my area.

Honestly, it's getting pretty old.  I'm cranky when I come to work.  The money isn't that great.  If it were, I probably would be more willing to stick it out than I have been.  

Feeling the need to make a change in my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)