Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Workout Motivation

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM
  • 12 Replies

What keeps you motivated to workout everyday? How do you continue when you don't feel motivated?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diegosmom828
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I barely started working out yesterday and I realized that I'm not as flexible as I thought so I must keep doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I have a goal. I'm pretty darn fit these days, but I am in the process of getting my Personal Trainer Certifications through the ACSM so I *have* to be fit. That alone is my motivation these days. 

You have to dig deep within yourself and figure out what is going to drive you to be the best you.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a PT test to pass coming up... I've never failed one yet in my 6 year career. I think of if I have an hour to watch TV or be on cafemom... I have an hour to workout. I love working out so that isn't my motivational issue, but food is... When I feel like giving in for a day I look at pictures of when I was heavier and I think whoa don't want to go back there or I think of how my yoga pants are feeling looser on me. Oh and I totally call or talk to my husband or sister when I feel like slacking and they talk me out of it.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I'm laughing because I think of how I felt when I started Jillian Micheals video... Going from a push-up to a plank... I wanted to die. Now it's easier. Keep up with the workouts and before long you will notice how much you improve.

Quoting diegosmom828:

I barely started working out yesterday and I realized that I'm not as flexible as I thought so I must keep doing it.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I look at pics of myself looking chubby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teracheri
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually browse pinterest for new workouts, quotes, and pics of really fit girls and then I get depressed, but then I think... This could be me! I just need to do something about it! Then I usually do ok for about a week or 2 and then give up... I need to figure something out that will make me stick with it past that point.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I want a better Christmas picture! This was taken late nov/early dec last year. I promptly started working out in December when I saw how I looked:/ down 29 lbs now, though!!

I also think about the weddings we have coming up--end of march and then another in June. Keeps me on my toes when I am feeling lazy.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I found something I LOVE- zumba.   I do it almost every day and actually find myself getting grumpy if I feel there is a possibility of missing the class. It's SO addiciting and fun!

I do pilates/ piyo and weights because I know I need to do other things besides dancing...but those classes are followed by zumba- so I just go do both :)

aniters
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I think about how I'm only 18 and already hate my body. I think about summer coming and how I want to wear cute dresses and not look like a whale :(
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Quoting teracheri:

I usually browse pinterest for new workouts, quotes, and pics of really fit girls and then I get depressed, but then I think... This could be me! I just need to do something about it! Then I usually do ok for about a week or 2 and then give up... I need to figure something out that will make me stick with it past that point.

pics of ...beautiful people don't motivate me at all either.  I KNOW, even if I work my ass off- I will never look like them anyway.

my motivation is currently, getting past teh 50 lb lost mark...then it will be shooting for wearing my large tee shirts and looking fine in them, then moving to getting into mediums and size 12 pants!  Baby steps- that add up ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)