Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Finally, holy geez!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:12 AM
  • 11 Replies
4 moms liked this
Yesterday I was pumped that one of the size 10 shorts I bought back in January (for motivation, I'm a size 12), I put on and could button! Win!
But I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 183.4! I've been bouncing between 189-193 for the last month. Plateau is gone, I'm hoping consistency will return. I was happy that some of the inches were coming off, though.

I just wanted to say, if you're stuck, just keep moving and eating right. Don't give up!! Not gonna lie--I felt like it once or twice, but I knew I never wanted to go back to where I came from.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hiba84
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! My plateau is over too. The weight loss has been kinda steady for me, yaaayl!
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Yay for not giing up. 

I hope my plateau is over too... (seems I lose for a month or two then plateau and lose nothing for 5 or 6 weks- then lose again)  I have gone from 190.5 creeped back to 193 and dropped back to 190.5 this month...ugh.  I will not stop going though- I'm too close to hitting 50 lbs lost ;)

MiKaLa881
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM

That's awesome!

I needed this post today. I was so on the verge of giving up because of this plateau I'm at now. I'm stuck at 185. WILL NOT budge below that. You give me hope that if I keep doing what I'm doing, it will eventually start coming off again. So thank you!

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Hang in there, friend! It played with my mind, but well worth it now:).
You're at almost 50 lbs lost? That is inspiring to me! Very big milestone there.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Yay for not giing up. 

I hope my plateau is over too... (seems I lose for a month or two then plateau and lose nothing for 5 or 6 weks- then lose again)  I have gone from 190.5 creeped back to 193 and dropped back to 190.5 this month...ugh.  I will not stop going though- I'm too close to hitting 50 lbs lost ;)

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Omigosh, you are so welcome! Plateaus are frustrating!! Keep going, girl. Play with your meals, your workouts. That fat WILL be evicted lol!!

Quoting MiKaLa881:

That's awesome!

I needed this post today. I was so on the verge of giving up because of this plateau I'm at now. I'm stuck at 185. WILL NOT budge below that. You give me hope that if I keep doing what I'm doing, it will eventually start coming off again. So thank you!

KyrinM
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM

That's awesome, how tall are you if you don't mind my asking.  I would be estatic to be a size 12...I'm currently a 22W.  I am 5'6"....and I would probably be happy as a clam at 180 if it meant I was wearing a size 12. :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Yay!  Great job busting through!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I am 5'10! When I started out, I was a 16. Size 12 isnt bad! I'm happy to have gotten this far. Tbh I don't know the last time I was near a size 10. Pre pregnancy? 6 yrs ago lol! It seems ALL of my weight is in my stomach.

Quoting KyrinM:

That's awesome, how tall are you if you don't mind my asking.  I would be estatic to be a size 12...I'm currently a 22W.  I am 5'6"....and I would probably be happy as a clam at 180 if it meant I was wearing a size 12. :)

Aurorasmom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM

awesome work!! congrats!

VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM

AWESOME!!!

Totally jealous though! 165 is STILL a 14 for me!!!
SOmetimes I hate my pear shaped body!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN