Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I quit... just can't do it!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 26 Replies
3 moms liked this

Yup... I quit.... it's going to be hard as hell to stay focused on being a quitter... however quitting the smoking habit is the best thing for me to lose weight. It will take awhile to get over the cravings but I have to do this. 

How did you ladies (who are previous smokers) get over the cravings?

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moma3boyz
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't have any advice ( sorry ) just wanted to say congrats for being a quitter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ELFs_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Here is a bump for you. This is the only acceptable kind of quitter ;). I don't have any personal advise, but did watch my dad as he quit. He used the patch for the nicotine part and cinnamon gum for the oral fix. Good luck!
dmwood
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I quit cold turkey 8 years ago. I would start and quit for years but this last time I just didn't want to do it anymore and at the time our son was 6months old. (No I didn't smoke while pregnant - I had started again on New Years Eve while I was having drinks - Dumb @$$.) I didn't want to have that around him - even though we would smoke outside only. Every once in a while I will get a craving and I tell myself no, what am I thinking and move on. I know it doesn't work that way for everyone..... My DH quit with the help of medication from our doc about 5 years ago but that isn't for everyone either. Something that helps my MIL is having someone you trust that you can call when you want to cave. Tell them why you are calling and just get it off your mind. If it is stress then try to find something to help you relax. You can do this!!  Good luck!

ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
If you want a quitting buddy I was thinking about that today, too. I woke up with a smoker throat and have been thinking about quitting for a while.
Maybe we can support eachother!
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Let's do this! lol

Quoting ALWsMomma:

If you want a quitting buddy I was thinking about that today, too. I woke up with a smoker throat and have been thinking about quitting for a while.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

turtledove91024
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM

That's awesome!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Woo hoo!  Stay strong, mama!  You're making a HUGE difference in your health!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Dh has my computer, I'll pm you when he brings it back later

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Let's do this! lol

Quoting ALWsMomma:

BeautyFull
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Hey you can still lose the weight. If you are interested, inbox me asking how.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Yup... I quit.... it's going to be hard as hell to stay focused on being a quitter... however quitting the smoking habit is the best thing for me to lose weight. It will take awhile to get over the cravings but I have to do this. 

How did you ladies (who are previous smokers) get over the cravings?

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Bump! Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)