Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Fitness buddy?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am 24 years old. I have a 2 1/2 year old son. I'm 5'4" and I am trying to lose about 30-35 lbs. If anyone is interested in haveing a fitness buddy let me know! I need some motivation! :)

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lizmeek
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 30. I have 3 kids. I'm trying to lose the last 10-15 lbs. I'll be your fitness buddy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM
34, 3 kids, husband who is resistant to my paleo/primal diet. Trying to make our daily habits more primal now two but we're hopelessly stuck in a two hours of taped shows every night rut and need to get out of it.

My kids and I work out together most days. They're pretty good buddies but sometimes an adult buddy would be nice too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teracheri
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Ya, it's hard when you are trying to do some of these things on your own! I wish my husband could be my buddy, but he is so busy with school and work. It's nice to have a buddy and have someone to be accountable to.

Quoting eema.gray:

34, 3 kids, husband who is resistant to my paleo/primal diet. Trying to make our daily habits more primal now two but we're hopelessly stuck in a two hours of taped shows every night rut and need to get out of it.

My kids and I work out together most days. They're pretty good buddies but sometimes an adult buddy would be nice too.

lovebugs_mom906
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I am 34 too, and have a stubborn husband, resistant to change. I would love a buddy to get me going in the right direction. Right now I am just trying to clean up our diet, but he's even resisting that. He loves his swiss rolls and ice cream too much :-(

Quoting eema.gray:

eema.gray
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM
In his defense, he is working on the sugar issue. We found out a few months ago he had some funky stuff going on in his Neurochemistry that affects mood, addictive behaviors, and a bunch of other stuff. He takes an amino acid supplement that's slowly starting to help.

When do you usually workout? I throw small workouts in throughout the day.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

I am 34 too, and have a stubborn husband, resistant to change. I would love a buddy to get me going in the right direction. Right now I am just trying to clean up our diet, but he's even resisting that. He loves his swiss rolls and ice cream too much :-(

Quoting eema.gray:

lovebugs_mom906
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I usually work out in the morning, once my oldest is off to school. If I'm not able to make it to the gym, I will put in a DVD while my youngest naps, and then no matter the day, I usually walk to pick my daughter up from school - 1.5 miles round trip.

My husband really has no desire to change. His view point is that you only live once, you may as well enjoy it. I wish he could see that you enjoy life more when you physically feel better. There are many days I have to force myself to workout, because I just don't feel like it. But 95% of the time, I feel so much better! And then there's food. If I eat crap, I feel like crap. When I eat good foods, I feel good, I have energy... I just wish he could see that too. I'm trying to find ways to sneak changes into our diet, but its proving to be a little difficult.

Quoting eema.gray:

In his defense, he is working on the sugar issue. We found out a few months ago he had some funky stuff going on in his Neurochemistry that affects mood, addictive behaviors, and a bunch of other stuff. He takes an amino acid supplement that's slowly starting to help.

When do you usually workout? I throw small workouts in throughout the day.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

Quoting eema.gray:

ochoa.mama
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:14 AM
I need a buddy too...I have no friends. Help! I've already lost 60 lbs & need 30 more to go. Trying to tighten it up but there's no time
lizmeek
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll be a buddy

Quoting ochoa.mama:

I need a buddy too...I have no friends. Help! I've already lost 60 lbs & need 30 more to go. Trying to tighten it up but there's no time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)