Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

short time frame!! help!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 24 Replies
I need to lose atleast 15lbs but want to lose 20 by May 1st. Unrealistic probably... I want to do it healthy, but not necessarily in a way that I will be guaranteed to 'keep it off' does that make sense? I don't want to disrupt my health or do any drastic diets, but any "non conventional" methods you might have that help you for a special occasion would be helpful!

Do wraps really work btw? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

So you want to lose weight fast but not really keep it off? You want non conventional but healthy? You should stick with normal and healthy methods.... Look into clean eating and working out. Healthy weight loss is usually a 1-2 lbs a week... And varies on your body, diet and routines. Wraps help with water weight even though some people swear by them.

aidyns_mommy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Pretty much lol. I know what I *should* do. I just NEED too look better by May 1st that's all. I can worry about healthy & keeping it off after.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

So you want to lose weight fast but not really keep it off? You want non conventional but healthy? You should stick with normal and healthy methods.... Look into clean eating and working out. Healthy weight loss is usually a 1-2 lbs a week... And varies on your body, diet and routines. Wraps help with water weight even though some people swear by them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM

The wraps are a temp fix. Unless you're wanting change your lifestyle, everything is going to be a temp fix. 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

You can look and feel better by May 1st doing what you should do.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

Pretty much lol. I know what I *should* do. I just NEED too look better by May 1st that's all. I can worry about healthy & keeping it off after.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

aidyns_mommy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Temp fix is basically what I am looking for...

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

The wraps are a temp fix. Unless you're wanting change your lifestyle, everything is going to be a temp fix. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM

That's not what you said in your OP. Dieting for temp fixes isn't very healthy.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

Temp fix is basically what I am looking for...

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL yea this group is all about healthy, long-term weight loss.  That being said, you have almost 2 months, you can certainly work hard and lose some fat in that time.   10 is super realistic, 15 is possible. Good luck :)

NiCo86
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM
van I ask, what's going on on May?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I never said anything about NOT DOING IT IN A HEALTHY WAY. No need to LOL. I just said keeping it off wasn't as important to me. I THOUGHT this group was for weight loss help, support, & advice for any goals. Not just certain "types"

Quoting Stefanie83:

LOL yea this group is all about healthy, long-term weight loss.  That being said, you have almost 2 months, you can certainly work hard and lose some fat in that time.   10 is super realistic, 15 is possible. Good luck :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shesliketx
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I lost 15lbs in 6 weeks by cleaning up my diet. I haven't even been working out, I start that today. It is definitely possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN