Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Runs

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

So so far this week I have got 2 runs in, each being a little over 2 miles. My 8yr old son has ran with me both time.

I let him use his brothers phone to use the app to check his running time. He did 1.96miles in 21:32.

I did 2.19miles in 21:05.

I think that is an awesome time for him! If my oldest son starts running with us we will do 2 miles again next week if not we will move up to 3 miles.

I am hoping my oldest son joins us in the runs!

After a couple weeks to a month I want to see where my son(s) are with running and then hopefully sign the 3 of us up for a 5k!

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM

NICE!!!!! Good job to the both of you.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM
My oldest is doing his first 5k with me next weekend. When he runs with me we end up with about a 10:30 overall pace. He's 7 years old. I've been super impressed with him! It's fun having our kids get into exercising and fitness like we are :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tonya_Lynn84
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM

When we run he is behind me the whole way. For some reason it is hard to slow to his pace. I was thinking that I will switch out running days and have him run and I ride my bike so I can be along side him and I can do more encourging him that way!

Quoting MamaJessx3:

My oldest is doing his first 5k with me next weekend. When he runs with me we end up with about a 10:30 overall pace. He's 7 years old. I've been super impressed with him! It's fun having our kids get into exercising and fitness like we are :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Great times mama!  Nice job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)