Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Suggestions for neck/shoulder pain (I know what you are going to say and I've already made a Dr.'s appointment)

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, for some time now I have had neck and shoulder pain.  It has always been pretty constant, but I am especially stiff and sore in the mornings and it wakes me up throughout the night.

I was hoping that it would improve once I started exercising but it hasn't.  And I'm really noticing a lack of range of motion in my neck and shoulders (I don't think this is new, but rather that I'm noticing it now because I can't get the correct form for some exercises). 

Anyhow, I have made an appointment with my Dr. and I am hoping he will refer me to a physiotherapist so that I can learn some exercises and stretches that will help.  

But in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions on how to relieve the pain and stiffness?  I have tried some stretches that I have found online, but some of them seem to make it worse (I wonder if that is because I can't do them correctly because my range of motion is so limited).

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM

What about your bed?  Can it be that?

cntrdmom
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Heating pad? We use them for almost every pain. It helps a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Look up yoga for neck/shoulders on youtube.  Other than that, something warm, like a heating pad might help ease the pain/tension.

sarahbsquare
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM

idk your dr would know the best treatment for you

Aug-mom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Instead of a heating pad I would do ice. I'm an aide in PT. They will probably give u exercises. By me the therapists would probabaly work on ur work but every therapist is different. So instead of heat try some ice for 10mins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN