Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need help, I just don't understand...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 28 Replies

I just haven't been able to lose any weight or inches for that matter since December. I've only been gaining. I was 141 in December and now I am 149 =/

I gained a bunch of weight back while we were on vacation during the holidays. When we got back, I went back into doing what I was doing before. My exercise wasn't done religiously, but it was there. My eating, I don't feel is that bad. Especially compared to what and how much I was eating while we were on vacation. And all I drink is water. I don't drink soda or coffee or anything. Every now and then I'll have some tea, but it's rare.

Today will be two straight weeks of Turbo Fire...still no progress. I know two weeks is not enough to see a difference when starting a new program, but like I said I was doing other stuff before.

What is wrong with me??

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe your body is just happy at this weight? I mean, you look great, honestly. I've never done turbo fire so I don't know what you do with it but maybe you're gaining some muscle? Have you measured yourself lately to see if you're losing inches still? I know ever since I've started crossfit, i haven't lost much weight but I've lost inches and my body fat % has went down. Try not to get too discouraged Jennifer, you really do look great :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coachbrittanyk
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Well it could actually be a mixture of things. I am a Beachbody coach and just finished with my first challenge. I did Les Mills Pump, and it was hard to judge my progress by the scale because the weight just seemed to stay right around the same. I would lose, then gain, then nothing, back and forth. Truth was I was losing fat and you could tell, but because I was also gaining muscle, there was no "weight loss". I suggest judging your fitness by other critera than the scale just because it is not the end all be all fitness measurement. I stuck mostly to checking my actual body measurements. Also consistancy is key. If you work out occassionally your body can't get into a flow for it. Let your body get into a habit. Don't be down if you don't see the scale change. Look at your energy levels, look at your moods, and look at your ability to last longer or harder in your workouts. I know it's easy to feel like something is wrong with you, but I promise you there isn't. Just keep pushing forward. It will start to show. Honestly I did the whole program and lost a total of like 9 pound. 90 days and all I "lost" was 9 pounds. That seems horrible, but my measurements changed a ton and you can see my ab muscles cleary. If you need encouragement message me. I know it is hard to stick with it when you feel like, this just isn't working, but I promise the end result will be worth it. Just don't give up. Btw I am a week into my second program, so we are about as far in as each other. I am doing Combat now. If you want we can keep each other motivated. Just keep your eyes on your goals.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Do you track your calories? That has worked great for me. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM
You may be eating "way less", but perhaps you are eating the wrong kinds of food to encourage weight loss.
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Weight loss is about diet, not exercise.  If you want to lose weight, you need to count calories to ensure you are burning more than eating.  Just saying "My eating, I don't fel is that bad" is not enough.  Most people feel their eating isn't that bad--but when they count calories they realize that eating is the problem.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM

BUMP!

Megan11587
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM

write down what you eat and drink every day including amounts.  If you already do that, post a weeks worth of entries so we can take a look at it.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Some little ideas I have are eat a grapefruit daily and drink ice water with lemons/brew green tea and put a bunch of lemons and oranges in it and drink it all day long

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I'd encourage you to keep a food log, including measuring your portions.  That's always what reveals to me where the issues are!  I didn't think my food was that bad before I started my journey- until I kept a food log.  My eyes were opened!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:40 AM
I do count my calories. I'm on MFP. And since being on it I have lost 22 pounds.

Quoting CLEKate:

Weight loss is about diet, not exercise.  If you want to lose weight, you need to count calories to ensure you are burning more than eating.  Just saying "My eating, I don't fel is that bad" is not enough.  Most people feel their eating isn't that bad--but when they count calories they realize that eating is the problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)