Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Expert and You Could WIN!

CafeMom is happy to welcome Abby Campbell, weight loss expert and author of One Size Does NOT Fit All, to the Healthy Weight Loss group. Abby will be joining us and taking your questions until March 20th.

Abby is a wife, mother and leading fitness and nutrition expert who has helped thousands of women in the last ten years to lose weight and lead healthy lifestyles.  Her book is the first and only book on the market that focuses on a technique called 'nutrient timing'  to increase metabolism and break through plateaus.

If you want a personalized dieting approach to boost metabolism, breakthrough plateaus and achieve maximum fat loss, ask your questions here! Abby, will be answering your questions March 11th - March 20th. Three moms who ask a question will win a copy of Abby's book, One Size Does NOT Fit All: Meal Planning That Will Boost your Metabolism, Breakthrough Plateaus and Help You Achieve Maxium Fat Loss Today!

Giveaway rules:

• The Healthy Weight Loss Expert giveaway starts 3/8/13 at 8:00 am (ET) and ends 3/20/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of One Size Does NOT Fit All: Meal Planning That Will Boost Your Metabolism, Breakthrough Plateaus, and Help You Achieve Maximum Fat Loss Today!
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
deedee3849
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM

What is your advice for someone who is very carb sensitive? 

sarah824
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM

What are the best exercises for losing weight?

sarah824
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM

What are your go to recipes when you are short on time but still want to eat healthy?

twinstartermom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Is it possible for a person to loose weight, healthy, on a budget of $100 or less? FYI the $100 is for two adults, one toddler and twin preschoolers.

sarah824
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I rarely have time to eat breakfast. Are there any quick and easy ideas that would make it easier to fit in?

ripemango
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I am intrigued to hear your responses based upon the title of your book alone. I was recently reading a study about mice and weight gain. Mice are nocturnal and as such, naturally choose to eat at night. The experimental group of mice had their sleep patterns disrupted and were fed during the day. Does your book cover anything similar to this, in that our natural circadian rhythms may play a role in how our body processes energy/calories? What is your opinion on this?

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Good morning, JerseyAirGurl. Thank you for all your wonderful questions. I'll answer each one in sequence.

Nutrient timing in a nutshell is a way to time your foods for optimal use for weight loss as well as for optimal health. Eating certain types of foods (i.e., protein, carbohydrates, and fats) are timed around your daily activities to promote loss of body fat while sparing lean muscle tissue, as well as curb cravings.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

What is nutrient timing?

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
How can someone know how many calories they should be taking in and how many they should be putting out each day to achieve maximum weightloss?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I do not agree with cutting food off by a certain time each night. The body will already be "fasting" during sleep which cuts food off for about 7-10 hours (depending on how long you sleep). During times of fasting, the body will go through slight catabolism (muscle breakdown). Therefore, eating every 2-4 hours throughout the waking hours is important to avoid more catabolism. I suggest the last meal of the day between 30-60 minutes prior to bedtime. However, that meal should be based on nutrient timing. Avoid high glycemic foods such as starchy carbohydrates and most fruits. Instead, have protein and essential fats for your last meal to help your body avoid as much catabolism during sleep (fast). Followng are a few ideas for your last meal or snack of the day. They are all well-balanced meals with protein, carbohydrates, and fats.

• low-fat cottage cheese with walnuts and blueberries
  • Greek yogurt with almonds and raspberries
  • hard-boiled eggs with a half grapefruit

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Is there a time when you should stop eating in your day? Like many people give themselves a nighttime cut off....I was told once that by not scheduling your eating that slows you down and you should eat as soon as you get up and right before bed a snack.

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
What are the best excersizes to do besides situps and crunches, to lose belly fat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN