Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Expert and You Could WIN!

CafeMom is happy to welcome Abby Campbell, weight loss expert and author of One Size Does NOT Fit All, to the Healthy Weight Loss group. Abby will be joining us and taking your questions until March 20th.

Abby is a wife, mother and leading fitness and nutrition expert who has helped thousands of women in the last ten years to lose weight and lead healthy lifestyles.  Her book is the first and only book on the market that focuses on a technique called 'nutrient timing'  to increase metabolism and break through plateaus.

If you want a personalized dieting approach to boost metabolism, breakthrough plateaus and achieve maximum fat loss, ask your questions here! Abby, will be answering your questions March 11th - March 20th. Three moms who ask a question will win a copy of Abby's book, One Size Does NOT Fit All: Meal Planning That Will Boost your Metabolism, Breakthrough Plateaus and Help You Achieve Maxium Fat Loss Today!

Giveaway rules:

• The Healthy Weight Loss Expert giveaway starts 3/8/13 at 8:00 am (ET) and ends 3/20/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of One Size Does NOT Fit All: Meal Planning That Will Boost Your Metabolism, Breakthrough Plateaus, and Help You Achieve Maximum Fat Loss Today!
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Replies (301-310):
QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM

What types of food are you including in your diet. It's very important to eat an all natural diet (no pre-packaged and processed foods) to lose belly fat. Make sure your diet includes whole foods and is balanced with protein, carbs (mostly veggies), and essential fats. Limit your fruits to two a day, and limit your starches to twice per week.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

What's your best way to lose my "baby belly" dd is 3! *sigh* I diet and try to burn calories...

QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM

All whole foods are important for a balanced diet. Please read my article, "How to Affordably Eat Well."

Quoting EthanzMom915:

On a tight budget, what foods would you prioritize?

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I thought fruits were good, I've had an apple and had a glass of oj.

Quoting QueenieAbby:

What types of food are you including in your diet. It's very important to eat an all natural diet (no pre-packaged and processed foods) to lose belly fat. Make sure your diet includes whole foods and is balanced with protein, carbs (mostly veggies), and essential fats. Limit your fruits to two a day, and limit your starches to twice per week.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

What's your best way to lose my "baby belly" dd is 3! *sigh* I diet and try to burn calories...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Low carbohydrate diets are low carbohydrate diets, and low fat diets are low fat diets. I promote a healthy balanced diet that includes protein, carbohydrates (veggies, fruits, and starches), and essential fats as your body needs all of them to function optimally. While losing weight, I suggest you limit fruit to 2 per day due to sugar intake. Also, I suggest you limit starches to 2 times per week after a good workout as you will this is the only time your body really needs them. Vegetables are the most nutrient dense carbs.

Quoting LadyNCVE:

What's the difference between Low Carb, Low fat and what you promote?  It is a little of both? 

QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM

You are correct. It is based on natural whole foods and is a balanced diet with protein, carbohydrates (veggies, fruits, and starches), and essential fats.

Quoting LadyNCVE:

Is the diet you promote safe for the whole family? I have a 2.5 year old and a 5.5 year old.  I try my best to give them whole foods at home.  When they go to grandparents house (both sides) and their dads house, I feel like they are filled with processed foods and sugar.  So I feel like I have to negate they damage they've done when my kids come home.  I'm assuming the health plan you offer is family friendly since it's basically eating natural.  Is that correct? 

QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM

As I've stated in previous replies, fruits are healthy foods. However, you can get too many sugars from them if eating too many servings. When you are trying to lose weight, you want to limit your fruit intake to two per day. It would also be beneficial to eat low-glycemic fruits like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, apples, and pears. Orange juice eliminates the fiber from the fruit which raises your blood sugar levels, so I would also eliminate any fruit juices. Instead, include the whole fruit. Vegetables will help you lose more. wink

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting QueenieAbby:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you

Quoting QueenieAbby:

As I've stated in previous replies, fruits are healthy foods. However, you can get too many sugars from them if eating too many servings. When you are trying to lose weight, you want to limit your fruit intake to two per day. It would also be beneficial to eat low-glycemic fruits like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, apples, and pears. Orange juice eliminates the fiber from the fruit which raises your blood sugar levels, so I would also eliminate any fruit juices. Instead, include the whole fruit. Vegetables will help you lose more. wink

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting QueenieAbby:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I thank you all, Healthy Weight Loss Group, for having me here as Guest Expert these last 10 days. I have really enjoyed your questions. I will try to check in monthly and help in any way I can. I usually check into CafeMom every so often, so please don't hesitate to PM me if you have a question. Also, you may email me at Abby@911BodyResQ.com. I'll be happy to assist. Good luck with the winning of my book come April 7th. If you don't happen to win, please feel free to visit me at www.AbbyCampbellOnline.com or Amazon.com for a copy. Remember, the cost of my great nutrition plan is only a fraction of seeing a nutritionist. wink

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Is there any way to eat that can help with thyroid problems?  I have had half of my thyroid removed and even though my levels are normal I have almost all of the symptoms of hypothyroidism.  I've also been sent to many a nutritionist that has told me I eat well and am eating what I should I just need to exercise more (I already go to the gym once a day for 2 hours at a time).  I was just wondering if there is any other thing that could maybe help it along.

Stefono
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hello Stephanie here, my question; What ' IS ", the best thing to eat before and AFTER EXERCISING??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN