Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Expert and You Could WIN!

CafeMom is happy to welcome Abby Campbell, weight loss expert and author of One Size Does NOT Fit All, to the Healthy Weight Loss group. Abby will be joining us and taking your questions until March 20th.

Abby is a wife, mother and leading fitness and nutrition expert who has helped thousands of women in the last ten years to lose weight and lead healthy lifestyles.  Her book is the first and only book on the market that focuses on a technique called 'nutrient timing'  to increase metabolism and break through plateaus.

If you want a personalized dieting approach to boost metabolism, breakthrough plateaus and achieve maximum fat loss, ask your questions here! Abby, will be answering your questions March 11th - March 20th. Three moms who ask a question will win a copy of Abby's book, One Size Does NOT Fit All: Meal Planning That Will Boost your Metabolism, Breakthrough Plateaus and Help You Achieve Maxium Fat Loss Today!

Giveaway rules:

• The Healthy Weight Loss Expert giveaway starts 3/8/13 at 8:00 am (ET) and ends 3/20/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of One Size Does NOT Fit All: Meal Planning That Will Boost Your Metabolism, Breakthrough Plateaus, and Help You Achieve Maximum Fat Loss Today!
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
delmobaby
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Any advice on weightliss for a busy mom of five lil boys. I dont get time to regularly exorcise and dieting doesnt work when i have too cook two separate meals because they wont eat salads or such. They do atleast eat veggies but i need more help with anything to do with weightloss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I do believe that "abs are made in the kitchen" is half the equation. I have often heard the statement that "abs in the kitchen are 80% of your results." However, I believe that food is 100% and exercise is 100%. Both are crucial to getting flat abs, having the body of your dreams, as well as having optimal health.

Quoting Aurorasmom:

do you believe that "abs are made in the kitchen?"

5forjulie
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM

How can one break through a plateau ?? what exercises would you recommend ??

spiritedsoul
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Are there any foods that help increase your ability to burn fat?

MommySchropp
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Do you recommend Slim Fast products? I am not usually hungry in the morning but I tend to over eat at lunch time or dinner time. I'm looking for something small and nutritional in the morning to get my metabolism going. All I know is I have to do SOMETHING. My weight is out of control and I want to loose weight before my husband and I try to get pregnant. So that is my motivation to do something. I started doing 10 minutes on my elliptical also. So any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I often hear this as well. However, I have to agree to disagree on this thought. I believe that healthy foods are actually more affordable than pre-packaged and processed foods. When you are eating pre-packaged and processed your foods, you will usually eat more than if you are eating natural whole foods. Your body requires less in quantity when it comes to natural whole foods because it is receiving the nutrients it needs. You therefore don't get the cravings that usually come with pre-packaged and processed foods. Please read my article called "How to Affordably Eat Well" that I recently published for more information.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

How can someone eat healthier when they are on a very limited budget and can't always afford fresh fruit and vegetables? 

QueenieAbby
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM

If you are eating natural whole foods, age doesn't have to inhibit weight loss or gain. Eating well-balanced meals and snacks will help you maintain lean muscle mass tissue as well as keep body fat at bay. Of course, daily activity and/or exercise will help with this as well. Metabolism never has to slow down if you incorporate a healthy lifestyle.

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

How much does age have to do with weight loss/gain?

dlnimo
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM
What is your favorite healthy snack?
K_D88
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
How do I ensure I am eating a sufficient amount of calories. I work out three times a day. I use my fitness pal and it says I am not eating a sufficient amount of calories.
dlnimo
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM
How much water should I drink a day?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)