Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I cannot stop snacking on junk food

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 27 Replies
Literally, and I know it's so unhealthy. I buy healthy food and it literally just sits in the fridge because I would rather have salt and vinegar chips, m&m's, gummy bears, etc..... And the horrible part of all this is my DD is following my bad habits and she's only 3!

How have you cut back on the cravings and snacking?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Get rid of it until you retrain your taste buds to like healthy stuff. Or just never have it in the house at all. I do this too. If its in the house, I'll eat garbage.
ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I drink a glass of water then munch on a carrot. If I still want the snack I'll eat it.
I also just quit buying the unhealthy snacks. They are less of a temptation if they are harder to get.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Stop buying them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM
This is what I have to do.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Get rid of it until you retrain your taste buds to like healthy stuff. Or just never have it in the house at all. I do this too. If its in the house, I'll eat garbage.
countrymum0710
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I had to stop buying junk. Until I could trust myself. Then I brought it back in moderation so none of us would go crazy.
NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I got rid of it all and fasted for a couple of days to reset my eating, it works.

Those large corporations add highly addictive ingredients to those foods on purpose, and they know that it's detrimental to our health. They don't care about you, it's all about money and how they can profit off of you and your family. 

This is not an opinion, it's the truth.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Yup that way you won't be tempted and your daughter won't be eating them either.  Candy & chips can become a rare treat. :)

Quoting lillybug222:

Stop buying them.

clearlyme
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I first bought low calorie junk food, to sorta wean myself off of the super bad stuff and then I stopped buying it all together. I get fruits and veggies like sweet potatoes and zucchini to make my own "chips". To satisfy my craving and not feel like anything is "forbidden", I also buy a candy bar or small ice cream when I do my weekly shopping. This way, it's one serving, and that's it. You will feel cranky and hungry for a couple weeks, but you can do it, and you don't want your 3 year old to have to deal with these issues. 

Sweet_Punk
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Dont buy it. If you dont buy it it's not there to eat and then the more you eat the good foods the more nutrients you'll have that will curb those cravings.  If you're craving salt you probably need to be drinking more water. 

KyrinM
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM

First of all, don't buy it, if it isn't there, you can't eat it.  I got rid of all that stuff too, now we can have fruit snacks & chips in the house & I don't eat them at all.  In fact we buy corn chips for taco salad & they stay unmolested until we actually make the taco salad.  But until you break yourself of eating the crap, leave the crap at the store.  Good luck, you can do this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)