Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I believe a have a complaining problem. sorry!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
I want to get into weight lifting but it's so friggin hard for me. For one I have less time now as a full time student, so and mother than I did when I was a full time working single mother! I did two a days then! Now I get to the gym twice a week if I'm lucky and I hate asking for help because of the attitudes. I'm not the super cute young thing anymore nor am I a macho guy so that means I just get brushed off and directed to the nearest elliptical or machine. Plus I have problems with anxiety so that just makes the overall gym experience tough. Lifting at home isn't much of an option either. If I'm at home than I'm going to cook, do laundry, clean, do homework....things that are 'more' important.

I look at myself in disgust but I just can't get over this hurdle. The only thing I can do is run, which I love, but I want and expect more from myself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I am sorry. 8( if lifting is out of the question, try using your body as resistance. No one should treat you bad. Demand to be treated with respect. Don't be mean but don't let yourself get the brush off, either. Just say that you would like a few minutes of direction so you know you are doing it right. Hire a personal trainer for a session or two.
MissTuree
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I would love to hire a trainer for a few sessions, I use my school's gym though so I would have to go to another gym to do that. *le sigh*

Quoting mem82:

I am sorry. 8( if lifting is out of the question, try using your body as resistance. No one should treat you bad. Demand to be treated with respect. Don't be mean but don't let yourself get the brush off, either. Just say that you would like a few minutes of direction so you know you are doing it right. Hire a personal trainer for a session or two.

mem82
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Is there a sports fitness class there? Or any sort of sport related things? You could post a flier saying you'd like to hire someone to give you a few pointers. College kids will do plenty for an easy $20.lol some have to have those hours of instruction in to earn their degree.

Quoting MissTuree:

I would love to hire a trainer for a few sessions, I use my school's gym though so I would have to go to another gym to do that. *le sigh*

Quoting mem82:

MissTuree
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM
That is a great idea if I had any faith in the kids I see in the gym! Lol I hear them talk about being trainers and they have the worst form ever! I may not know exactly what to do, but I know what NOT to do. Lol It's a very small community college, the program that offers personal training certification is in the main campus an hour away. I'm sure I could find someone there but it's too far out of the way. :(

Quoting mem82:

Is there a sports fitness class there? Or any sort of sport related things? You could post a flier saying you'd like to hire someone to give you a few pointers. College kids will do plenty for an easy $20.lol some have to have those hours of instruction in to earn their degree.

Quoting MissTuree:

Quoting mem82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)