Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

can you get to much cholesterol ?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
After looking at my numbers on MFP I've noticed a few times a week my cholesterol intake is high. It says I went over by alot. Should I figure out why and decrease it ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I would.  High cholesterol is not a good thing.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I would try not to get crazy high, but dietary cholesterol is separate from, say, genetic factors.  How is your cholesterol?  It also depends on where that cholesterol is coming from.  Things like eggs are high in cholesterol, but they're also very healthy, as an example.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LongBeachLiz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Exercise will help counteract cholesterol too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I eat eggs for breakfast. Two hole eggs and one egg white scrambled. Like to day I had eggs for bk and for dinner. It was a busy evening and fastest thing to make dinner was breakfast. Is that a horrible thing :( ?

Quoting musicpisces:

I would try not to get crazy high, but dietary cholesterol is separate from, say, genetic factors.  How is your cholesterol?  It also depends on where that cholesterol is coming from.  Things like eggs are high in cholesterol, but they're also very healthy, as an example.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Really ? That's good to know.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Exercise will help counteract cholesterol too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I'm always over from eggs but I've read that the cholesterol in eggs is good. I'd google something like "eggs unhealthy myth" or something :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I wouldn't have that many EVERY day, but a couple a day and occasionally more is all good.  They are loaded with vitamins and minerals, and healthy proteins and fats.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

I eat eggs for breakfast. Two hole eggs and one egg white scrambled. Like to day I had eggs for bk and for dinner. It was a busy evening and fastest thing to make dinner was breakfast. Is that a horrible thing :( ?

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

aprilsalcro
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Okay thanks for the info. I normally only eat eggs for breakfast , not really dinner.

Quoting musicpisces:

I wouldn't have that many EVERY day, but a couple a day and occasionally more is all good.  They are loaded with vitamins and minerals, and healthy proteins and fats.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Quoting musicpisces:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM

There are a lot of conflicting opinions on cholesterol.  General opinion, and what most people have been taught for years, would be that you're eating too much.  But I've read a lot lately that would say that you're fine.  I say that with the disclaimer that I eat a primal diet and probably eat more cholesterol than you do....

bbshopbrat
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Depends on what your numbers are. Cholesterol should be between 200-275 for a healthy level. No study in the world shows cholesterol CAUSES health issues. Truthfully it is a symptom of something else (usually liver) having problems. If you're doctor tells you otherwise he's lying and should be fired. Studies saying cholesterol is bad all have ties to drug companies that make 100sof millions on cholesterol lowering drugs, which even the FDA now says causes many mental health problems including some forms of dementia. Alzheimer's didn't exist before they started telling people cholesterol was bad. The Inuits in northern Alaska frequently eat high fat foods (blubber, etc) have levels over 400 & are totally healthy.
If you're having health issues I have a ND, supported by independent research (including an independent study by Clemson University INR that proves many of his theories & they are working on more studies on this ND's products, that you can call M-F on his radio show and talk eith him for advice FREE!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN