Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Mega Stuff Oreo's are Evil! ugh!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
We had a movie night with the kids on Tuesday night..and as a treat I picked up some of those new mega stuffed oreos. Since we started eating healthier, we haven't had much junk in the house.
I really thought I could stay out of them. Well turns out I couldn't. I am not happy with myself for not staying out of the cookies. But I did track it on MFP. Just to keep myself honest.(I used to be a binge eater, so being honest about the junk is a big deal for me)
Thankfully the cookies are gone now. I have been under the weather this week as well, and didn't get much exercise. Not expecting a drop on the scale or inches this week. :(
Starting tomorrow, it is back to the usual healthier food, staying under on cals and hopefully exercising..provided this sinus infection/earache eases up by then.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you feel better!  I feel ya on the cookies- I tried getting some of those Svenhard's breakfast claws a couple of months ago, thinking I'd make them last, freeze some, blah blah.  Nope- they didn't last 12 hours.  It was definitely a lesson learned!  =)

Great job being honest with yourself- that's a HUGE step!!  Learning from things like this is a really important part of this journey.  We all make mistakes, of course, and forgiving yourself is important as well (sounds like you have).

Here's to a better day tomorrow and better next week!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Oreos are a huge binge food for me too, although I prefer regular Oreos. 

iamcafemom83
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I did the same thing with thin mints and samoas!
ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:16 AM
I'm embarrassed to admit I can eat a whole package of mint Oreos in 1 sitting I quit buying them
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
They go down really quickly don't they? Lol ;)
I sent most of the last of them to work with my husband so I would stay out of them. I can resist most other stuff when it is in the house, but oreos...not so much.

Quoting ALWsMomma:

I'm embarrassed to admit I can eat a whole package of mint Oreos in 1 sitting I quit buying them

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:23 AM
You are right about the forgiveness factor. It has taken me a long time to get the binge eating in check. It didn't full come full circle until I started admitting it to myself, MFP and my husband. He is losing weight with me this time, so there is no lying or icing over if I messed up that day/week. It is kind of nice. :)
As bad as I feel about the cookies, I didn't eat that many of them. But I still wont be buying them again for a long while. Lol

Quoting musicpisces:

I hope you feel better!  I feel ya on the cookies- I tried getting some of those Svenhard's breakfast claws a couple of months ago, thinking I'd make them last, freeze some, blah blah.  Nope- they didn't last 12 hours.  It was definitely a lesson learned!  =)

Great job being honest with yourself- that's a HUGE step!!  Learning from things like this is a really important part of this journey.  We all make mistakes, of course, and forgiving yourself is important as well (sounds like you have).

Here's to a better day tomorrow and better next week!  =)

wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

How nice that your husband is also doing it with you, it will definitely help with the accountability factor. I still have treats but I am careful to log them in MFP as well.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I didn't even know they made those!

Quoting ALWsMomma:

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM

yeah those always look so good- and I never buy them because I know I will eat too many!

It's great that you were honest about it though, and it's good that they are gone now ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)