Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Total overhaul journal

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this
There are no pictures of me to post since I refuse to have my picture taken and can't bring myself to take a picture or myself.
In October of 2011 I was told I was diabetic so started exercise and diet changes snd 3 months later my blood sugar levels where below the magic diabetic number. I lost 28 pounds and was feeling well on my way. In July of 2012 I was training for a 5K (walking not running) and loud popping noise came from the direction on my right knee. I find out on the 18th the official diagnoses, the general idea is a torn meniscus. I know 8 months seems like it can't be right but that is the VA for ya.
Since July I have gained 12 pounds. I wish I could say it was because I have stopped exercising but along with that my blood sugar levels being normal the food that is brought in that house outside of grocery day has gone down in healthyness.
I have decided to take back the control starting with throwing out all the junk food in the house, then I am going to start walking. Here's to hoping!
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
chandlerjsmom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Worked out today! It has been a while since I have. Felt good. Now I am super tired. :) No food cheating today something I have been having a problem with since August.
chandlerjsmom
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Yesterday was like the day that would never end. Did some weight training yesterday. Had a birthday party to celebrate girl scouts. I got petite cheese cakes and mini cup cakes for the party I had only 2 cheese cakes. I am taking a yoga class tonight at the YMCA looking forward to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)