Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calorie Intake and Calories Burned???

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so I a silly question, but I honestly just don't know the answer to it.

I'm logging everything I eat on Loseit.com. For my bmi I sure consume 1,825 calories a day. This is so I lose a max of 2lbs a week. My question is should I eat the calories I burn that day as well or not eat those burned calories? I'm assuming that I shouldn't eat the extra calories that I've burned, but you know what they say about someone that assumes. It make an "ass" out of "u" and "me." lol

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amanda_n_e
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't eat my exercise calories back
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

If loseit.com does not include exercise in your original calories and it adds calories when you add exercise to it, then it is designed for you to eat a portion of them back in order to avoid " starvation mode" and to stay above your BMR. 

If, the app already includes exericse into the equation and does not add calories when you add exercise, do not eat the back. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

jamie93
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Thank you

Quoting mcginnisc:

If loseit.com does not include exercise in your original calories and it adds calories when you add exercise to it, then it is designed for you to eat a portion of them back in order to avoid " starvation mode" and to stay above your BMR. 

If, the app already includes exericse into the equation and does not add calories when you add exercise, do not eat the back. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)