Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help and advice

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ok I am almost to my weight loss goal only 15 pounds to go and it is mostly in my belly area. I could use some tips to get my belly flatter and loose the fat that is there. Here is some pics of what it looks like now after loosing 50 pounds. And I do not mind the scratch marks I just want to get rid of the fat. Sorry they are sideways.

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Anyone

ambermario4ever
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

BUMP!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Do you do any strength training?  It makes a HUGE difference in loose skin and flabbiness.

I would also make sure that your food sources are clean.  I know you're doing BBV, which I won't go there on, but your other foods need to be clean.  A clean diet is the ONLY way to get rid of the belly fat.

What's your food plan once you hit your goal?

OT- bumping your post only helps if it gets buried- this group isn't busy enough, especially on the weekends, for a post to get buried this soon.  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ambermario4ever
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Just hand weights right now. But I know that is not going to help with my belly area. Once I hit my goal weight I plane to keep eating the way I am now minus the shakes.

Quoting musicpisces:

Do you do any strength training?  It makes a HUGE difference in loose skin and flabbiness.

I would also make sure that your food sources are clean.  I know you're doing BBV, which I won't go there on, but your other foods need to be clean.  A clean diet is the ONLY way to get rid of the belly fat.

OT- bumping your post only helps if it gets buried- this group isn't busy enough, especially on the weekends, for a post to get buried this soon.  =)

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

You need to be strengthening your whole body, especially your core (whether you're trying to tone your abs or not).  Check out this link to sparkpeople and this link to oxygenmag.com.  You can get great ideas for workouts and moves!  Make sure you're hitting your muscle groups from all angles to keep your body balanced.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Just hand weights right now. But I know that is not going to help with my belly area. Once I hit my goal weight I plane to keep eating the way I am now minus the shakes.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ambermario4ever
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Up till this point I was just focused on loosing weight. I am now ready for loosing the belly and toning it up. Thanks I will check out the links. 

Quoting musicpisces:

You need to be strengthening your whole body, especially your core (whether you're trying to tone your abs or not).  Check out this link to sparkpeople and this link to oxygenmag.com.  You can get great ideas for workouts and moves!  Make sure you're hitting your muscle groups from all angles to keep your body balanced.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting musicpisces:

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Suz is right on. Strength and flexibility are just as important as cardio when it comes to weight loss. 

The key is to lift heavy weights as it is going to increase your loss of inches and fat since you will manage to build muscle a little faster. It takes 12 weeks minimum to build 2-4 lbs in lean muscle mass so lifting heavy is ideal. Your core encompasses your entire back, obliques, and upper and lower abs. Doing plank work, pilates, and/ or yoga will help a lot with working your core and strengthening those muscles. 

However, subcutaneous fat, which is the underlying fat in the belly is NOT going to move unless your diet is 100%- no shakes/meal replacements, no processed foods at all- only complete whole sources of lean proteins and produce. The belly is solely made in the kitchen. No amount of crunches will get rid of the belly...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

ambermario4ever
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM

BUMP!

a06z08mama
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Jillian Michaels is helping my belly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)