Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It's time to prove you wrong!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 55 Replies
2 moms liked this
This is in reference to a lady at my gym. Ever since August, she has been trying to push me into Body by Vi. No, not having it. I have respectfully declined, many times.

It's all she talks about. I have actually avoided going to the gym early in the morning because of her.

Sadly, she got my trainer :( Now he isn't pushing, per se but he'll mention it from time-to-time. He let is try his green shake.

It wasn't horrible just a little grainy and needed a little more sweetning, for my personal taste. It's a green smoothie. Both him and her were together the other day; they were talking about how he lost 12 pounds in a month, she lost 14lbs in 2 weeks blah, blah, blah.

Well, chick has "only" lost 47lbs in a year....um hell no! That's a little on the too little scale for me.

Since I don't condone unnatural methods of weight loss guess what I have started today?

I'm drinking pretty much the exact same "shake" as him. It's a green "shake". It has, a handful of organic spinach, half of a cucumber, a celery stalk, a kiwi, banana and some raw honey to give it a little bit more sweet taste because I don't like veggies, at all! If it's more sweet, it'll take away the earthy, green taste and i'll like it more.

So, that's what I'm doing. I'm going to show them that it's NOT the powder making them lose the weight, it's what you mix together.

This "shake" has all the nutrients I need, except protein. Next one I make I'll add a dollop of peanut butter.

It's not bad, actually, although a little too watery. I'm SUPER full and I haven't even drank the entire thing. One will be a meal replacement and another will be a snack.

Let the games begin!

Pic of my "shake" in reply.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I do the vi shakes and I have lost 50 pounds since the last week of Oct. and you do not have to make them green shakes. I do banana, strawberry, peanut butter, peach, chocolate, and there any many other flavors you can make. You can even make them hot. I do not sell them so I do not care if you buy them or not but I just did not want you to be mislead about them either. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you- avoid that crap.  Stick with real foods with recognizable ingredients!  =)  Making your own smoothies is a way better option!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Yep...avoid it! Ick! Of course, I don't drink shakes or smoothies at all, so I'm probably the last person to ask about this. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

rsmeyer54
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sick of all these QUICK fixes!  I don't want a QUICK fix that as soon as I stop I gain it back.  I want the real deal.  So yes i'm so frustrated with all these "diets" and products.  Then again i'm not losing much weight so who am I to talk...lol

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Lol, I'm not asking :) just bringing the challenge.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yep...avoid it! Ick! Of course, I don't drink shakes or smoothies at all, so I'm probably the last person to ask about this. :-) 

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Pretty sure this group doesn't condone that.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I do the vi shakes and I have lost 50 pounds since the last week of Oct. and you do not have to make them green shakes. I do banana, strawberry, peanut butter, peach, chocolate, and there any many other flavors you can make. You can even make them hot. I do not sell them so I do not care if you buy them or not but I just did not want you to be mislead about them either. 

ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM

What me giving my opinion on something.

Quoting BeAmour:

Pretty sure this group doesn't condone that.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BeAmour:

Lol, I'm not asking :) just bringing the challenge.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Oh.. I knew you weren't asking...just saying that I'm the last person to drink a shake/smoothie so my opinion won't count. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too! I'm doing it to prove them wrong without having to buy a $50 bag of powder.

I've lost 20lbs since October doing the HARD way and will continue it.

Quoting rsmeyer54:

I'm so sick of all these QUICK fixes!  I don't want a QUICK fix that as soon as I stop I gain it back.  I want the real deal.  So yes i'm so frustrated with all these "diets" and products.  Then again i'm not losing much weight so who am I to talk...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)