Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

coffee & pop

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 11 Replies
What is wrong with drinking coffee and diet pop when on a diet?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Diet soda is all chemicals.  Plus, the carbonation leeches calcium from your bones.

Coffee is all good- just don't gunk it up with creamers and sugar or sweeteners.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Coffee is ok, and actual good in moderation and without the cream and sugar.
Diet soda is high in sodium which is not good for weight loss, it is also full if other chemicals
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Drinking soft drinks is terrible whether you are trying to lose weight or just be healthy. They are loaded with artificial dyes, artificial flavors, and tons of chemicals. 

Coffee- yeah... I drink a ton of the stuff, BUT I drink mine black. As long as you don't add sugar, flavored creamers ( loaded with chemicals), or artificial sweeteners ( chemicals) you are okay with coffee. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

rsmeyer54
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I have nixed the diet pop from my diet and drink water to replace it.  It is so hard but I "feel" healthier even if it is mental.  The coffee thing... ugh.  I keep trying to nix it and i'm not successful and I can't drop the creamer either... I'll get there tho...

armygirl16
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Coffee is fine if it is black and diet soda and soda in general is just like drinking a can of chemicals. There are many more options to drink instead of diet soda. That being said I do drink coffee (with a little sugar and cream) and I rarely drink soda (going out to eat once a month sometimes twice a month I will drink it).
Janet
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I usually hate diet pop but found one I liked. I drank it for about a week and my fingers swelled up. It had to be the diet pop. To bad because it sure did taste good. It was A&W root beer.

Quoting ALWsMomma:

Diet soda is high in sodium which is not good for weight loss, it is also full if other chemicals

Janet
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM
What other options are there?

Quoting armygirl16:

Coffee is fine if it is black and diet soda and soda in general is just like drinking a can of chemicals. There are many more options to drink instead of diet soda.
That being said I do drink coffee (with a little sugar and cream) and I rarely drink soda (going out to eat once a month sometimes twice a month I will drink it).
ALWsMomma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Bummer it made you swell.
I had a serious pop addiction until one day I had something disgusting in one of my cans, I had drank almost the whole can before I noticed. I vomitted violently and have had pop since

Quoting Janet:

I usually hate diet pop but found one I liked. I drank it for about a week and my fingers swelled up. It had to be the diet pop. To bad because it sure did taste good. It was A&W root beer.

Quoting ALWsMomma:

NanniesKitchen
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I saw this the other day and thought it was very interesting...

armygirl16
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Tea, flavor packets for water still have chemicals but not as much as soda. Some people like adding fruit to water to flavor it, I don't like it but I know many do.  I will buy sparkling flavored water sometimes.  I don't usually like tea but there are some flavors that are amazing! I love "Passion" by Tzao (it doesn't have a tea taste, it tastes fruity and delicious!).  I mostly drink water, but will sometimes shake it up by having a sparkling flavored water a few times a week or will make tea (although I am out of tea right now lol).  

Quoting Janet:

What other options are there?

Quoting armygirl16:

Coffee is fine if it is black and diet soda and soda in general is just like drinking a can of chemicals. There are many more options to drink instead of diet soda.
That being said I do drink coffee (with a little sugar and cream) and I rarely drink soda (going out to eat once a month sometimes twice a month I will drink it).

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)