Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Whats your typical day of meals look like?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
Im just curious what other people eat all day :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
eema.gray
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Eggs (cooked in either butter or beef tallow), kraut or leftover veg, sometimes a potato or legume flour pancake.

Soup for lunch, started from bone broth, a little meat, more veggies.

Dinner is highly variable. We eat a wide variety of animal protein sources, two vegetables minimum, and something starchy as well. We eat wild caught ocean fish, turkey, duck, and chicken, pronghorn, elk, bison, lamb, goat, lots of greens, root veg of every description, eggs, butter, beef fat, olive oil.

It doesn't sound much like a dieter's diet but I've lost over 20 lbs and 2 dress sizes since eliminating processed foods, sweeteners, and most dairy last fall.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Winchester
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Well,  I'm not having a lot of success at weight loss because I rarely stick to a deficit,  but here's what I eat:

Breakfast:  Eggs w/ veggies or oatmeal w/ fruit

Lunch:  Today I'm going to have a bean salad.

Dinner:  Usually pasta, low or no oil with added greens, mushrooms, onions, etc  or will do chicken breast w/ a veggie and starch.

Snacks,  fruit or smoothies usually.

Aurorasmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

1 cup of coffee while getting ready for work

2 cups of green tea at work

3-5 strawberries

1/4 cup trail mix

spinach and berry smoothie

1/4 cup dried edamame

dinner varies nightly, usually a vegetable and lean chicken/pork/fish (i'm allergic to red meat)

prayerwarrior1
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM

That sounds very healthy you must be loosing lots of weight how long have you been eating like that and how much have you lost?

prayerwarrior1
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

today I ate a can of oegresso chicken noodle soup with some croutons and then I ate some cheese and crackers and then I ate a granola bar thing.  but I have not ate any super yet

ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Vi shake for breakfast 

lunch is either soup, salad, or a wrap 

snack is either fresh fruit, granola bar, of fresh deli ham and string cheese 

dinner is either salad, soup, wrap, sub, chicken, pork, beef, pasta,and occasionally stake wide sides of vveggies second snack is either fresh fruit, frozen Greek yogurt, or pop corn

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM

B-fast: toast w/ Smart Balance; tea w/ honey & lemon

Then about two times I have about half a cup of fruit salad (1 each of whatever fresh fruit looked good in the produce dept last time I went shopping; I keep it in a large container in the frige and serve myself in a 1c container) with a small handful of raw, unsalted mixed nuts, and a drizzle of honey

Then some kind of veggie; wilted spinach salad (w/ grape tomatoes, garlic, and cashews; w/ orange and cashew dressing [homemade, literally, peeled two oranges and picked about 1/4 c of cashews out of my mixed nuts, put it all in the blender and waited for it to all look the same, it's pretty thick but I put it in a honey bottle so I can squirt it on my salad or whatever]).

Then another serving of fruit salad (as before)

Then a handful of the nuts.

Then dinner (just whatever the family is eating.  We try to eat relatively healthy, but it's not vegetarian, like the rest of my day), so usually I need to have a little more fruit salad, but I usually just have the fruit (no honey or nuts)

In the evenings, I usually have a slice of toast w/ Smart Balance or some nuts (not sure exactly how much); both if dinner is early enough, but then I've usually missed one of my mini-meals or snacks earlier in the day b/c of it.

I also have 1 (sometimes 2) squares of Ghirardelli 72% dark chocolate.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Breakfast: peanut butter on toast with banans; egg whites with veggies; oat-banana waffles with crushed berries
Snack 1: berry protein smoothie; hummus and carrots; crackers and cheese
Lunch: chile relleƱos made with tempeh, rice and salsa; salad with chicken; avocado with brown rice
Snack 2: cottage cheese w/ fruit & cinnamon; smoothie of some sort; fruit
Dinner: baked chicken & veggies; fish and veggies; chicken enchiladas; chicken fajitas; dinner salad
Snack 3: fruit

This is just a sampling. I do other things, too:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)