Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why when I....

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
I use myfitnesspal...i enter my food, and it shows how many calories I have for the day...but when I add in my excercise or activitys...it says I have more calories for the day.

Then it always says im "under" my calories for the day. Im confused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Idntreallycare
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM

MFP has you set at an amount of calories to lose weight wihtout exercising. As you exercise, you earn back calroies to be able to eat more

CheyennesMommy2
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Cool thanks. Im just scared to eat. I feel like im never going to loose weight. Im huge, its ridiculous. I eat all healthy foods..i drink a crap ton of water..i have 3 kids, 2 toddlers and a baby, so im very active, plus I work out once a day, and I breastfeed. But I just feel like im not going to lose weight.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

MFP has you set at an amount of calories to lose weight wihtout exercising. As you exercise, you earn back calroies to be able to eat more

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

If you don't eat enough though you will not loose weight.  Your body will go into "starvation mode" and hold on to any calories you are consuming.  MFP gives you the calories back to make sure you eat enough to loose weight.  

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Cool thanks. Im just scared to eat. I feel like im never going to loose weight. Im huge, its ridiculous. I eat all healthy foods..i drink a crap ton of water..i have 3 kids, 2 toddlers and a baby, so im very active, plus I work out once a day, and I breastfeed. But I just feel like im not going to lose weight.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
wahmx3
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Are you sure you are eating enough? You also have to include your bfeeding. What some of us have done is to get our BMR calculated here and manually change MFP to whatever your calorie goal from your BMR is and don't worry about exercise calories. There are a few gals on here that can do it for you....they need your age, height, weight, number of days a week you exercise (or plan to) and of course, let them know you are breastfeeding...just do a post that says i need my BMR.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)