Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Small attainable Goals Part 2

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay so last week I asked for some ideas for small attainable goals in the fitness area as well as the diet area.  So my goals ended up being increase workout to 60 min and stop eating any fast food.  SO on the fitness side I did excellent.  I worked out 275 cardio mins compared to the week befores 220 and burned 3443 cals compared to last weeks 2811.  I wont weigh myself until monday morning to see if this changed helped my weight loss.  However, my eating goal SUCKED!  I ate out yes several times.  I did fine until Wednesday and the boys had a snow day and I had 3 appointments I had to make it to.  They were suppose to be in school and I was only suppose to have my princess.  Well a stressful day made for a day of stress eating. GRRR!  Oh well.  It is over and done with.  This weeks fitness goal is to really challenge myself strength training.  I have been strength training 3x a week but feel I could really push myself harder... IDEAS??? My new "diet" goal is to convert to drinking black coffee.  It doesn't even sound fun.  Has anyone done this recently and have tips?  I currently just use liquid flavored creamer... YUMMMY.. Coffee is my ultimate indulgence and I love it.  However, I realize if I could cut those calories out I could lose a lot of weight... so here goes nothing... and again open to ideas :)

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rsmeyer54
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Oh and encouragement... Open to lots of encouragment... and accountability... :)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Good luck on the coffee thing- I also use flavored creamer- but now I get the sugar free stuff, it has about half the calories of the other.  I drink about 2 cups of coffe a day so the calories from it are like 120-130 and honestly, I'm not giving that up any time soon!  The idea of black coffe is ICKY

Good job with the added work out time though :)

rsmeyer54
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Thanks!  See I read all this stuff about how sugar free is just as bad if not worse than regular and so I haven't done that... I'm honestly not convinced i'll be able to do it but i'm hoping :)

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Good luck on the coffee thing- I also use flavored creamer- but now I get the sugar free stuff, it has about half the calories of the other.  I drink about 2 cups of coffe a day so the calories from it are like 120-130 and honestly, I'm not giving that up any time soon!  The idea of black coffe is ICKY

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Yeah- I know...but there are less calories so...whatever and some days I have the regular stuff too -depending on what the resst of my day looks like for calories. 

As far as sugar free being worse...I am not someone who worries about every little thing- the amount of crap in most all our food is scary when you really think about it...I'm not sure what would actually be left to eat if we stopped esting everything that had a chemical, or something weird, or whatever.  Also, I could cross the street tomorrow and get hit by a bus, or die in a car accident or whatever, but I still go out and I still drive. *shrug*

I know MANY in here don't see it that way and that's fine, it may be why my loss is slower than others-  who knows. Maybe someday, I will be one of them-but not today. Either way, I LIKE my flavored coffee and HATE black coffee ;)

I guess it's all about how much you want it...I mean there is also the option of NO coffee. heh

Quoting rsmeyer54:

Thanks!  See I read all this stuff about how sugar free is just as bad if not worse than regular and so I haven't done that... I'm honestly not convinced i'll be able to do it but i'm hoping :)

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

rsmeyer54
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I've tried no coffee... lmao can't do it!  I remember when I used to drink reg pop too and the tast of diet was NASTY... then I started drinking diet and i HATED regular... SO... i'm hoping I can get used to it!  I have a keurig and they have different flavored coffees so maybe there is hope!

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Yeah- I know...but there are less calories so...whatever and some days I have the regular stuff too -depending on what the resst of my day looks like for calories. 

As far as sugar free being worse...I am not someone who worries about every little thing- the amount of crap in most all our food is scary when you really think about it...I'm not sure what would actually be left to eat if we stopped esting everything that had a chemical, or something weird, or whatever.  Also, I could cross the street tomorrow and get hit by a bus, or die in a car accident or whatever, but I still go out and I still drive. *shrug*

I know MANY in here don't see it that way and that's fine, it may be why my loss is slower than others-  who knows. Maybe someday, I will be one of them-but not today. Either way, I LIKE my flavored coffee and HATE black coffee ;)

I guess it's all about how much you want it...I mean there is also the option of NO coffee. heh

Quoting rsmeyer54:

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I weaned myself off of the flavored creamers. I knew that in order to help get the fat off, they had to go. My favorite was the coffee mate hazelnut liquid. I think a serving size is one tbsp.it all came down to the numbers, for me.... So I was easily pouring 3-4 times that in my morning cup...so I could have been drinking 60-80 calories and about 25 g of sugar in one cup! I never had just one cup, either. So once I realized all that, I began to wean myself. I started measuring out a tbsp at a time. I got used to the new taste, gradually. When the last bottle ran out, I didn't replace it. Instead, I now buy organic half and half. Way less calories, and like 1g of sugar. I now just use a tbsp-2tbsp in my coffee. Tbh, though, I only have one to two cups of coffee per week now. I drink a lot of green tea. I didn't think I could function without coffee! Now when I do drink coffee, I get that nice coffee buzz-lol!

As far as the eating out goes, have you thought about meal planning? This has really helped hold myself accountable. Plus, it relieves the "what do I eat?!" problem. If we have a busy week coming up, the weekend before, I make a batch if protein bars (Pinterest has tons of recipes!), healthy muffins, and make sure to pick up some portable fruits(apples, bananas) and even some trail mix. I also have my bottles ready to fill with water!:) it takes effort, yes, but when you take the time to plan it out, there is less room for those last minute, unhealthy or regrettable foods, KWIM?

I think what you are doing is making great progress. It takes time! You will find and weave your way. The way I have things set up now, it was not like this for me at first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting rsmeyer54:

I've tried no coffee... lmao can't do it!  I remember when I used to drink reg pop too and the tast of diet was NASTY... then I started drinking diet and i HATED regular... SO... i'm hoping I can get used to it!  I have a keurig and they have different flavored coffees so maybe there is hope!

Yeah- I forget that there are flavored coffees -before adding creamer ;)

that might be the way to go- at least, that's what I'd try.  Hubby hates flavored though-that's really why I make plain cofee and stick with my creamer ;)

rsmeyer54
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I'm wondering if I just put milk in it instead if that would work... I mean that has to be better than what Im doing now... lol

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I weaned myself off of the flavored creamers. I knew that in order to help get the fat off, they had to go. My favorite was the coffee mate hazelnut liquid. I think a serving size is one tbsp.it all came down to the numbers, for me.... So I was easily pouring 3-4 times that in my morning cup...so I could have been drinking 60-80 calories and about 25 g of sugar in one cup! I never had just one cup, either. So once I realized all that, I began to wean myself. I started measuring out a tbsp at a time. I got used to the new taste, gradually. When the last bottle ran out, I didn't replace it. Instead, I now buy organic half and half. Way less calories, and like 1g of sugar. I now just use a tbsp-2tbsp in my coffee. Tbh, though, I only have one to two cups of coffee per week now. I drink a lot of green tea. I didn't think I could function without coffee! Now when I do drink coffee, I get that nice coffee buzz-lol!

As far as the eating out goes, have you thought about meal planning? This has really helped hold myself accountable. Plus, it relieves the "what do I eat?!" problem. If we have a busy week coming up, the weekend before, I make a batch if protein bars (Pinterest has tons of recipes!), healthy muffins, and make sure to pick up some portable fruits(apples, bananas) and even some trail mix. I also have my bottles ready to fill with water!:) it takes effort, yes, but when you take the time to plan it out, there is less room for those last minute, unhealthy or regrettable foods, KWIM?

I think what you are doing is making great progress. It takes time! You will find and weave your way. The way I have things set up now, it was not like this for me at first.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I cannot cut my coffee creamers lol... I do measure it and account for those calories though. Good luck and that is awesome about reaching the workout goals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)