• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Body bugg - help me

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
I've been using my body bugg for a week. Tracking religiously. Meeting all my goals. My weight hasn't budged. It has only been a week, but I was really hoping to see at least a little change. You know, that little something that gives you that motivation to keep pushing forward.

I feel really discouraged. Any advise?
Btw, I have about 40-50 to loose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM

How much are you burning? How much are you eating? WHAT are you eating? How much water are you drinking? What workouts are you doing? How often? 

I used a BB for 3 years so I am well versed in the use of them... if you answer all of the above I might be able to help you... also, it's only been 1 week. You have to give it time. Period. Oh, and when I ask what you are eating, I want a full day's worth of food to look at so I can see if any changes could be made. Sometimes another set of eyes helps. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

I'll use yesterday as an example

Burn 2890 (reccomended 2745)
Consume 1834 ( reccomended 2000)

Exercise walking (almost everyday, some days cardio Pilates DVD)
Steps 8200 (reccomended 5000)

Bfast
Turkey sausage
1.5 cup Cheerios dry
1 cup milk
3 cuties

Lunch
1 Oz salami
1 Oz honey ham
1tsp light mayo
Carrots
Veggie muffin (120 cal, 5 protein, 5 fiber, 3 fat)

Dinner
Salmon with dill sauce
Steamed broccoli
3/4 cup mashed potatoes
1 cup milk

I had 2 corona lights last night but that us not a normal thing for me.

Snacks
Apple
Banana

Had at least 90 Oz water

I don't drink soda or coffee

I have been walking every day. I have been commuting to the city and get off the bus several stops before mine so I can get in some exercise. I don't always work at this location, but will be for the next week and a half so I have really long days and don't have time for more than that. When I finish there I will be able to change up my exercise.

Quoting mcginnisc:

How much are you burning? How much are you eating? WHAT are you eating? How much water are you drinking? What workouts are you doing? How often? 

I used a BB for 3 years so I am well versed in the use of them... if you answer all of the above I might be able to help you... also, it's only been 1 week. You have to give it time. Period. Oh, and when I ask what you are eating, I want a full day's worth of food to look at so I can see if any changes could be made. Sometimes another set of eyes helps. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
In my lunch I forgot to mention Sara Lee whole grain bun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Quoting crwspringer:

Consume 1834 ( reccomended 2000)Your deficit is okay with 1056..as long as it is not over 1000 all the time you will be ok. 

Bfast
Turkey sausage
1.5 cup Cheerios dry
1 cup milk
3 cuties-I would suggest eating greek yogurt with fruit and cereal, an omelet loaded with veggies...you have quite a bit of sodium between the sausage, cheerios and milk... 

Lunch
1 Oz salami
1 Oz honey ham
1tsp light mayo
Carrots
Veggie muffin (120 cal, 5 protein, 5 fiber, 3 fat)-I would suggest avoiding the deli meat as it is very high in sodium. I would grill some chicken for the week and use it instead. It would be a much healthier option than deli meat. Also, you can always roast some veggies and make sandwiches or wraps with them, eat leftovers, pair the sandwich with more veggies.

Dinner
Salmon with dill sauce
Steamed broccoli
3/4 cup mashed potatoes
1 cup milk- try to avoid drinking your calories. You are much better off with water over milk. The occasional potato is okay, but sweet potatoes are much better for you. 

Snacks
Apple
Banana-I see 3 cuties, an apple and banana, but only carrots and broccoli. You need less fruit and more veggies. Try veggies with hummus, add avocado, use olive oil, hummus, coconut oil or ghee ( clarified butter) and that will increase your calories in a healthy manner.) 

Had at least 90 Oz water

I have been walking every day. I have been commuting to the city and get off the bus several stops before mine so I can get in some exercise. I don't always work at this location, but will be for the next week and a half so I have really long days and don't have time for more than that. When I finish there I will be able to change up my exercise. Overall, you have the right idea...I would pay attention to labels. A lot of the things you ate are very high in sodium, which will make it harder to lose weight. I would also add more veggies into your day. Give it time. One week is not a lot of time to really see a marked difference. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

Claire

crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Thanks for your input. I'm not normally a deli meat eater, but my hubby told me to buy it so he could make sandwiches and then didn't. I froze part of it but did opt to eat a few sanwiches this week.

Why is the milk bad? I'm not a big yogurt or cheese person so the only dairy I get is from milk. I understand not drinking calories but I thought in this case it was ok.

I'm totally guilty of more fruit than veggies. I'll try to balance it better.

Thanks for your help

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting crwspringer:

Consume 1834 ( reccomended 2000)Your deficit is okay with 1056..as long as it is not over 1000 all the time you will be ok. 

Bfast
Turkey sausage
1.5 cup Cheerios dry
1 cup milk
3 cuties-I would suggest eating greek yogurt with fruit and cereal, an omelet loaded with veggies...you have quite a bit of sodium between the sausage, cheerios and milk... 

Lunch
1 Oz salami
1 Oz honey ham
1tsp light mayo
Carrots
Veggie muffin (120 cal, 5 protein, 5 fiber, 3 fat)-I would suggest avoiding the deli meat as it is very high in sodium. I would grill some chicken for the week and use it instead. It would be a much healthier option than deli meat. Also, you can always roast some veggies and make sandwiches or wraps with them, eat leftovers, pair the sandwich with more veggies.

Dinner
Salmon with dill sauce
Steamed broccoli
3/4 cup mashed potatoes
1 cup milk- try to avoid drinking your calories. You are much better off with water over milk. The occasional potato is okay, but sweet potatoes are much better for you. 

Snacks
Apple
Banana-I see 3 cuties, an apple and banana, but only carrots and broccoli. You need less fruit and more veggies. Try veggies with hummus, add avocado, use olive oil, hummus, coconut oil or ghee ( clarified butter) and that will increase your calories in a healthy manner.) 

Had at least 90 Oz water

I have been walking every day. I have been commuting to the city and get off the bus several stops before mine so I can get in some exercise. I don't always work at this location, but will be for the next week and a half so I have really long days and don't have time for more than that. When I finish there I will be able to change up my exercise. Overall, you have the right idea...I would pay attention to labels. A lot of the things you ate are very high in sodium, which will make it harder to lose weight. I would also add more veggies into your day. Give it time. One week is not a lot of time to really see a marked difference. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Quoting crwspringer:

Thanks for your input. I'm not normally a deli meat eater, but my hubby told me to buy it so he could make sandwiches and then didn't. I froze part of it but did opt to eat a few sanwiches this week. I understand.. I keep ham in the house for my daughter's lunch everyday..she is such a creature of habit and will take a ham and cheese sandwich every.single.day to school for lunch. It drives me insane. 

Why is the milk bad? I'm not a big yogurt or cheese person so the only dairy I get is from milk. I understand not drinking calories but I thought in this case it was ok.If you don't eat yogurt or dairy, then go ahead and drink it.. I'm not a fan of drinking calories ( unless it is wine of course. LOL) ....

I'm totally guilty of more fruit than veggies. I'll try to balance it better.Yeah..fruit is so sweet and yummy, isn't it?? This morning, I had greek yogurt with raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries so I had tons of fruit. I try to eat an omelet with veggies for breakfast most mornings so I start the day with veggies and then I'm usually on track for eating more veggies throughout the day. You're doing pretty well, so just keep going and you'll get the results you want.  

Thanks for your help

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting crwspringer:

Bfast
Turkey sausage
1.5 cup Cheerios dry
1 cup milk

Lunch
1 Oz salami
1 Oz honey ham
1tsp light mayo
Carrots

Dinner
Salmon with dill sauce
Steamed broccoli
3/4 cup mashed potatoes

Snacks
Apple

Had at least 90 Oz water

Quoting mcginnisc:

Claire

crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Many thanks. Do you mind if I ask how well did you do using it, and how much time did it take you to loose your weight.
I'm not expecting instant miracles, but knowing how well other people did is helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

When I first started using it, it was about 1-2 weeks. I went a little nuts though. I was killing myself working out and we quit eating out completely, cut the soft drinks and junk completely. In 9 months I lost 57 lbs, which was about 6 lbs per month roughly. I loved my bugg... I just quit using it recently. I'm debating about going solo for awhile or getting something new to try out...<--- I love gadgets. LOL I back up about 20 lbs over the past 2 years, but I'm hoping that once I'm over this sinus infection and my bone spurs calm down, I'll be back to normal and hitting it hard at the gym. ( hoping it will be this week as I'm getting my Personal Trainer Certifications soon) 

Claire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)