Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Baked goods for weight loss

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi

I am new to the Healthy Weight Loss group and I've been eating right and and exercising 6 days a week for 4 weeks and I've lost 11 lbs of my 55 lbs goal. When I told my friend's DW about this I didn't expect a "reward" in baked goods. What do you ladies think? Is she being a subconscious saboteur? I say sa-bo-tage :o/ Has anyone given you a "reward" for your weight loss? 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome and congratulations on your weight loss!  It sounds like you're doing great!  Maybe your friend thought you may like a treat since you've been so good!  I don't think anyone has ever rewarded me for my weight loss other than to say that I was looking good - which is all the reward I need! LOL

JenniferLDenney
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Jealous.. lol IF it was me.. I was so thanks but no thanks.  One baked good leads to two.. then four.. then the whole batch.. you have done great with losing 11 lbs!  The choice is yours..  GL

MrsHuitz
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Thanks ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I definitely don't reward weight loss with food!  I'd say saboteur.  She may not even realize what she's doing.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MrsHuitz
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM
I think you're right @ musicpisces. Because she's never had a problem w/ her weight so I don't think that she understands.
wvmckinney
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Congrats on your weight loss!! Sometimes I think my husband is a saboteur because he will bring me chocolate treats - I just smile and say thanks and then try to ignore the Lindt bunny staring at me from the table (I will put him away so I don't have to look at him - the bunny, not the husband). 

Rebecca

MrsHuitz
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Too funny!

Quoting wvmckinney:

Congrats on your weight loss!! Sometimes I think my husband is a saboteur because he will bring me chocolate treats - I just smile and say thanks and then try to ignore the Lindt bunny staring at me from the table (I will put him away so I don't have to look at him - the bunny, not the husband). 

Rebecca

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Definitely this.

Quoting musicpisces:

I definitely don't reward weight loss with food!  I'd say saboteur.  She may not even realize what she's doing.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I always try to be positive so I think it could have been a reward rather than a negative thing. I am curious though....did you eat it or give it away?

MrsHuitz
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I put them in the freezer. I felt bad just throwing them away & I am new to the area so I don't have anyone to give them to. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN