Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone shop at Whole Foods?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

I think we are going to start shopping there so we can start to eat clean, the only worry is that it's expensive. Is it? Is there food better than a regular grocery store?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
We get our meats there sometimes. I love the store. But it's such a drive to get there. And veggie wise I can get good stuff at my local farmers market for way cheaper
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Torres2566
by Amanda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Ours is close. I hate the produce at the regular store. It's never fresh. I WISH we had a farmers market! We had one near us in when we lived in IL. Hello cheap and delicious "clean" veggies.

Quoting KelliansMom:

We get our meats there sometimes. I love the store. But it's such a drive to get there. And veggie wise I can get good stuff at my local farmers market for way cheaper

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
The nearest one to me is like 80 miles or something. We have wegmans which is wonderful.
Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I shop there sometimes but it is expensive.  Their produce looks really good and they have a great selection.  I'm not sure if their food is much better than a regular grocery store.

I actually buy most of my produce at costco!  I just went today and got lots of raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, apples, oranges, pineapple, cucumbers, tomatoes and broccoli.  Everything looks and tastes very fresh...

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Ours is across town. We have a fresh market nearby, but I'm not sure if that is all that similar to WF.
Aurorasmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM

i do when its convenient, but i generally prefer sprouts.  watch their sales ads, you can usually get great deals on produce.

Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Our Whole Foods is about a half hour away, so I usually only go there if there's something I need and can't find at Kroger.

bearsbabies
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I only shopped there for formula . Costco has organic meat and its cheaper. For geleral things whole foods store brand is 365 and its usually cheaper
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I love that store, but it is expensive.  I found a local produce store that we buy all of our produce at.  All of the food at the produce store is organic (which I have to eat with produce because I'm allergic to whatever they put on fruit and veggies on non-organic stuff).  They were cheap there too.  I have bought the meat from whole foods before (which is good). I would like to start getting my meat from there again (right now we just shop at Winco and Morrow Brothers for our produce). 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I do 99% of our shopping at WF.  For the same stuff at Safeway, it's actually more, because anything organic at Safeway is ridiculously priced.  Plus, it's harder to find stuff that meets my crieteria.  I find way better food at WF, plus, lots of local options.  I also do shop at the farmer's market, but the FMs here are really expensive for a lot of things.  I also shop at Costco for some things.

Also, we are on FS, and we are able to make it work for almost the whole month.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)