Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I don't think I've ever had this problem..

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
5 moms liked this

The bras I have are slightly padded... why Lane Bryant thinks a DD needs padding is beyond me, but it's there.  So they retain their shape.  Even when there's not enough boob to fill it up, and apparently I don't have enough anymore.  It's not so noticeable if my shirt has a high neckline, but my shirt today is lower cut than I normally wear and it's like my shirt is hovering above my chest.  I was a very early bloomer, so the idea of having to go buy a smaller cup size is totally new to me.  I'm kind of giddy about it.  I don't really remember the last time I had a single letter in my bra size.  I know a lot of people get upset when their boobs shrink as they lose weight, but I've always been so terrified of being one of those people who look like a pair of boobs on legs, so I'm just freaking ecstatic.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Woo hoo!!  I can totally relate- buying bras in a NORMAL store is awesome!  Even better when they only have TWO hooks- SO weird!  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

taniamorse85
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Woohoo!  Have fun shopping!

I'm kind of jealous!  I haven't been below a 38G since my freshman year of high school.  Even back in '03, when I lost 100 lbs., the damn things wouldn't shrink.  I must admit, though, I love Lane Bryant, and I can't imagine bra shopping anywhere else.  I always shop when they have their buy 2, get 2 Cacique sales.

Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Quoting musicpisces:

Woo hoo!!  I can totally relate- buying bras in a NORMAL store is awesome!  Even better when they only have TWO hooks- SO weird!  LOL

Most of mine have 4 hooks, I can't imagine less than 3 =)

MiMi.
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel you! I've been a DD since 13 so the boob loss is always welcome here too! And I'm short at 5 foot 3 so I generally look like walking boobs anyway!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting taniamorse85:

Woohoo!  Have fun shopping!

I'm kind of jealous!  I haven't been below a 38G since my freshman year of high school.  Even back in '03, when I lost 100 lbs., the damn things wouldn't shrink.  I must admit, though, I love Lane Bryant, and I can't imagine bra shopping anywhere else.  I always shop when they have their buy 2, get 2 Cacique sales.

I got down to close to 200 lbs about 10 years ago, and they didn't shrink then.  The bras I have now from LB have been the best and they're a  year old now and have held up great.  They were definitely worth the money.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

I cannot WAIT to get back to DD (at least I'm hoping)   -so that I can actually buy bras somewhere other than Layne Bryant ;)

ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Mine went from a c to a b with my weight loss so far. I knew I would loss some in that area but I hopped I wouldn't since they where not that big to start with.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Yup, I know the feeling! It was one of those NSVs that got me excited! LOL Of course DH was less excited than I. ;-)

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Quoting musicpisces:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yeah, my husband is far less thrilled about it.  LOL

Quoting musicpisces:

Yup, I know the feeling! It was one of those NSVs that got me excited! LOL Of course DH was less excited than I. ;-)

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Quoting musicpisces:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so great, what a nice problem to have lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)