Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Please help I'm in pain

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM
  • 21 Replies
After many many false starts and set backs I feel like this is really hit for me. I am really ready. I have cut out soda and for a time sweet tea. I am only drinking water and milk. This is a big big deal for me since I was drinking a 12 pack in two days. I am currently 287. I don't want to be 300. I ordered Zumba at home since I am embarrassed by going to the gym. My big issue is I have plantar Fasciitis. I got some good shoes. I got Asics gel nimbus 14 ( at least that's what the inside of the shoe says). Today I did 22 mins of the Zumba rush DVD. It was intense. My foot is killing me. I don't see how I could do the hour long DVD. What can I do to help? Also how do I log the workout in my fitness pal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Have you talked to a chiropractor? I am a dancer so I know a thing or 2 about foot pain. Bare foot is usually best to help strengthen the muscles in the foot but I don't know anything about your specific condition.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1. Logging it on MFP should be pretty self explanatory if you play around with it a little.
2. IDK about Zumba specifically, but I think that getting used to anything would intale doing as much as you can each time until you can do whatever you want of it.
Congrats on taking the first steps! Keep it up! :-)
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Zumba is not easy.  Anyone who says it is- either had a mellow instructor, or isn't doing it right ;)

I started at 239 and zumba classes (an hour) damn near killed me when I started-  I only did one a week-then 2...then 3 and now I do it 5-6 days a week and some days I do two classes!   Give yourself some time and maybe try walking on days you don't zumba (that's what I did) 

I dealt with a bit of plantar fasciitis for aobut a year or so before I gat serious about losing the weight, but have not had any issues at all since I started this.  Hopefully,  it will be the same for you once you get a bit of a routine going for working out and whatnot.

RaisingDivas
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I ended up waiting 4 hours and did the rush DVD again. So I logged a total of 44 mins today but now I'm limping and the plantar fasciitis caused me to have a tight calf muscle. I am aiming for the 22 min rush DVD twice a day three days a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaisingDivas
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM
What can a chiropractor do for my feet?

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Have you talked to a chiropractor? I am a dancer so I know a thing or 2 about foot pain. Bare foot is usually best to help strengthen the muscles in the foot but I don't know anything about your specific condition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rsmeyer54
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I know you want to rush in and see big results quick but just take it slow and do what your body allows you to do :)... 22 mins if you haven't been doing anythign is AWESOME! Oh and I am also with ya on the pop... I have been pop free for about a month but I still miss it :)

I_need_a_name
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I know what you mean. Im 265 now and omg I so dont want to see 300 lbs. I just started Hip Hop Abs & yes its hard but I Love it. Yesterday I did 30 minutes but I had to stop about 3 times. Lol. Today dh worked out with me and I did the whole 30 minutes without stopping. So im excited lol. Start slow. Are you myfitnesspal? If not then you should join. Its GREAT! ! And you can add me on there if you would like. Im MyrasJourney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Do you do any stretching exercises for your plantar fasciitis?  It's usually caused by a tight Achilles tendon, so stretching your ankle will help ease the pain in your foot.  You can look up videos on youtube for yoga specific to PF.  My sister has suffered from it on and off for a while now - she was in a walking boot for a while because of it - and she says yoga has been the best way to deal with it for her. 

GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Qel everything is connected in the end. I have terrible tendonitis in my bunion area and and up my foot. I finallt saw a chiropractor for totally unrelated reasons and mentioned it and she double checked something and since I've been seeing her I'm nearly pain free. Same as how having a poor distribution of your weight in your walk can cause pain in your back. It all woks together.
RaisingDivas
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Tonight my foot hurts so bad I can't put any pressure on the heel. I told my husband I need crutches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN