Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My Fitness Bucket List (PiCs & Motivation Quotes) & How many lbs are you trying to loose poll

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:47 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: How many pounds are you trying to loose?

Options:

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

100+

Just trying to maintain my current weight

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

91-100

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

(I'll try to post my current post towards the bottom of this original post so you wont have to jump to the end/search to see what's up for today or thinking I have a new weight loss post when it's just replies to me or myself commenting back to someone. Thanks to everyone encouraging me spoken & unspoken & may you all find success with your weight loss journey whether its a little or a lot)

I'm one who unfortunately teeter totters back and forth with my weight.  I loose it, then I find it (and then some), then I lose it.  Well, I've found it, yet again (>_<).  My problem is everytime something major happens in my life, I tend to lose focus.  Pregnancy was 2005 & 2008.  I guess I had it in my head to be alright to let myself go, 'cause I figured pregnancy initiates those extra pounds, so what's a few more?  Then, a few more turns into too much.  The most recent fall back was after my dad passed away (fall of 2012).   I got pretty depressed and used food as an excuse to ease my sorrow.  But hey I do LOVE food, whether there's an excuse or not.  I should just stop kidding myself, lol.  There's just something about a mouthwatering burger layered with the works compared to a salad, no matter how done up that salad is.  Why do many things that taste so yum, have to be so bad for you  =(.  chewy chocolate chip cookies, musketeer bars, Sweet Maui onion chips, how you tease me so. I've got a sweet tooth, if you can't tell ;). Lately, I keep meaning to get back on track. I think this is the push to truly get me going again. Target weight is to be 110 within two to three months (I'm pretty short), preferably by early May. Currently at 133. According to my BMI I'm overweight & I certainly feel it. So, here's to changing that fact.

*Edited in more of my background story and my goal weight now is to be 121, after learning it's not a healty achievable weight loss for the time frame I've put (TY mcginnisc ^_^), but my ultimate goal will be to get to 110 eventually.  This is proving to be harder than I thought, lol*

Start - 133

WK1 - 131.8

Wk2 - 129.8

wk3 - 129.4

wk4 - 127.6

wk5 - sick

wk6- 126.8

I also love trying new things, so here's to listing some things I'd like to attempt within the fitness realm.  I'm sure I will add to it over time and I'm not limiting myself to my 2-3month time constraint here.  Just my gerenalized bucket list for fitness. If you have fun ideas to suggest PLS do share :)

*!GOAL IS TO JUST GET MORE ACTIVE!*

X - Sign up for Coronado Bridge Run (Takes place in May, signed up late Feb)

X- Join local cardio class again (3-13-13)

X - Walk dogs around neighborhood (3-16-13)

X- Use that silly pedal contraption I bought but have never used since I bought it (3-19-13)

X-Buy more work out equipment (ankle/wrist Weights 3-21-13)

X- Run preferrably 2 or 3x a week, but at least once a week (1st wk of April)

X - Attend a zumba class again (4-6-13)

X - Perform with hula sisters for upcoming events(3-30-13)

X - Try out spintensity (4-15-13)

X- Skyrobics (4-24-13)

Check out all the varying base gyms

Sweat in a Sauna

Join Kenpo Martial Arts

Play Raquetball

Buy an exercise bike & treadmill

Hike to potato chip rock

Hike through mushroom trail

Try out this yoga class i was told about

Try out Step 360

Try water aerobics

Try polynesian fusion cardio

Walk/Jog/Run Rohr park, Shelter Island, Glorietta Bay, Coronado Beach

Kayak

Paddle board

snorkle

land sail

try surfing on the  flowrider/flow barrel at the wavehouse

First day's Food Factor:

Breakfast - oatmeal

Lunch - tuna Sammy

Dinner - romaine hearts salad with turkey and turkey sammy.

MOTIVATION...Sometimes we all need that Tough Love

**************************************************************************************

MY CURRENT POST:

Last wk I was sick and to top it off mother nature came for a visit so workouts were not quite happening...This week I've got back on track but still not up to par with how much I should be at it .  Monday I got in my eliptical and situps and pushups .  Wed I tried skyrobics which was a fitness class on a trampoline.  That was seriously no joke lol.  Was so sore all over the next day and still am in quite a bit of pain now.  Tonight I'll eliptical it out and do abs and weights.   Tried a couple vegan places within this week. Not really trying to go vegan, but Im one to try almost anything. Loved the first place, but the 2nd was more of a fast food vegan joint and it still felt unhealthy having it all.  Had their version of a swiss mushroom burger and swt potatoe chips.  It was all so greasy was my problem mostly.  The flavors were good though.  Weighed in at 126.8 this week.

Lemon grass "chicken".  The chicken is a vegie fillet.   My daughter had the tangy orange that I absolutely loved.  Very similar to orange chicken at panda express.

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaChelleB
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi there! Oh wow, you sound just like me! I weigh 133 lbs as well and I wouldnt mind losing approx. 15 lbs (I was 110 lbs pre-kids) but I'll be happy with being 115 :D

I am keeping a blog following my husbands weight loss journey, as well as doing video diaries to keep us motivated to continue our journey.

Good luck in your journey and keep with it!

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM

That's awesome.  It's comforting to know someone is at a similar goal as your own.  Thanks for sharing your story as well.  I'll have to def check out those videos here soon.

Quoting MommaChelleB:

Hi there! Oh wow, you sound just like me! I weigh 133 lbs as well and I wouldnt mind losing approx. 15 lbs (I was 110 lbs pre-kids) but I'll be happy with being 115 :D

I am keeping a blog following my husbands weight loss journey, as well as doing video diaries to keep us motivated to continue our journey.

Good luck in your journey and keep with it!

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

For today breakfast - bread and orange (Swore we had jelly.  Alas, there was none to be found.I really should've checked its presence prior to toasting the bread lol).  lunch - tuna sammy. dinner - potstickers & corn.  workout - 15mins eliptical, 15mins ab lounge, 15mins dumbells, 15mins thighs. 

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:02 AM

B-oatmeal

L-turkey sammy & orange

D-Beyond Cheated >.<  ate from some food truck gathering today.

Well then I look pretty gross haha.  Here's me this morn after the Cardio class today.  It kicked my butt. You can't really see too well in the shot, but I was dripping with sweat when it was taken.  Will be attempting to jump on the eliptical in a bit and do ab lounge for 30mins here shortly. Least I get to cross something off my list today.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:59 AM

B-Cereal

L-Sushi

D-Calamari Salad

Didn't exercise per se, but went to watch a music concert and danced the night away with hubs & some friends for a few hours. 

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Shoot I meant to post last night after workout, but I fell asleep shortly and didn't even realize it.

B-cereal with bananas

L-Turkey roll sammys

D- Chicken salad w/balsamic vinagarette

Went for a walk yesterday the kids and our dogs.  Forgot to get a shot of us walking, but will try to do so today.  Here's one of our pooches though.  Gem, the wiener dog.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this

B-Cereal & fruits

L-Sushi & pear chicken Salad.  Only had one slice from the sushi shrimp roll, it's actually hubs' order.

D-Shrimp Salad

Ended up walking around a BGirl Event featuring tagging artists creating masterpieces in a lot legalized for anyone to drop by and do graffitti on.  They also had female break dancing competitions & Female DJ spinners workin the beats in the background. Also did my norm 1hr workout at home elliptical, abs, dumbells, legs.

my girls with the lady who created the portrait behind them.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM

B-Cereal & mango

L-Tuna rolls

D-Totally failed...cornedbeef & cabbage

Had some fun with the fam messing around a bike center & just did a walk with the woofies and kiddos in the morn.  Cramps started taking it's toll. PS-Happy St Pattys Day!

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM

How tall are you? Random question... And I love your idea for a bucket list.. Think I need to start one of my own and I love motivation quotes and pictures.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I'm 5ft.  According to some calculator my weight range is supposed to be 102 -127.  My lowest I've been before was 108 and had felt good around there.  Still needed to tone a number of areas (arms & belly) even though I was at that point before, but hopefully I can work on that this round. 

Glad you found the bucket list something you'd like to adopt for yourself.  It's certainly one way to keep things interesting and motivated to cross something off while picking up a healthier lifestyle.

& I Love quotes in general and figured it'd be perfect to keep me motivated.  It's just good to have that positive thought through your day.

Thanks for replying & good luck on your journey :)

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

How tall are you? Random question... And I love your idea for a bucket list.. Think I need to start one of my own and I love motivation quotes and pictures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)