Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My Story..

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hey ladies, I am not actually here for myself, more for my husband...although I could stand to lose a few lbs. My husband however is 300+ lbs. He says he wants to lose weight but...he doesn't have time to work out. We cant afford healthy food, his knee hurts, he is too tired..bla bla bla. There is 101 excuses. Anyways, my 9 year old son and I watch the Biggest loser. The other day we were watching it on DVR and he asked me if daddy was going to die because he is fat. I didn't know what to tell him. I worry about the same thing. But my son came up with an idea to put daddy on a diet without telling him. So my son and I went grocery shopping. We got a ton of fresh vegetables, fruit,jenny-o ground turkey, and fish. OK, I confess I don't cook that much...most of my meals in the past have just been open the can and nuke it..lol But now I am trying to break these bad habits, and cook better more healthier meals. I am so lost...I have all this food and I don't know what to do with it. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to make for dinner? Also, does anyone know anything about eggplant. I have never had it, but my son thought it looked pretty and wanted to try it. Someone told me to add it to mashed potatoes...
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
roxysmommy
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM

The website, skinnytaste.com is a place I see recommended a lot. I love that your son is proactively trying to help his dad, this story brought tears to my eyes. With hard work and dedication you can all change your habits and live long healthy lives.

I love eggplant! One of my favorite ways to eat it is BBQ'd then layered with fresh tomato slices, mozzarella cheese, basil and drizzled with a balsamic vinegar reduction. So good!!!

Razor_Leaf
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM

thanks for the recomandation.  I will check it out.

My husband is liking the lighter meals.  Tonight we had stuffed peppers.  I browned some ground turkey, added rice, black beans, fresh tomatoes (yellow and red), onion, half a hungarian pepper, oregano, garlic, Thyme, and a sprinkle of cheese.

It was delicious, and I have enough for tomorrows lunch:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)