Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Update on Me *We had our baby*

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 27 Replies
3 moms liked this

I hit the 40 week mark yesterday. To celebrate I did strength training (P90 sculpt 3-4) with my husband. I'm sure my push ups look like a joke since I only go down until my belly touches-- but I did it anyway. 

I'm having a hard time walking since my leg sometimes spazzes out and leaves me unable to move (or stand!) for a little bit. However I've found that I can do stair steppers in our home and actually break a sweat. Plus if my leg does freak out, I can grab the rail really fast and not fall on my butt. =)

In other good news, I think I'm going to do a one mile race with my husband tomorrow. I figure it's mostly safe since he can help me if I have leg troubles, and it's just a mile.

We started losing weight in 2011-- and to celebrate our anniversary that year we ran a race together instead of going out for dinner. In 2012, I ran a race to celebrate us (he was in the Army) and this year, it looks like we'll get to do another one together. This time I'll be waddling, but that's fine. I'm glad I get to do anyway. Or at least so far it looks like I will be able to.

I think I'm up 35 pounds-- which is more than I was hoping for. But I'm sure it will be fine soon enough.

I'm super excited to lose the baby weight and get back to running and being more active in this group.

Pic taken at 39 weeks and 6 days.

Update 3.16.2013

40+ weeks pregnant. My husband and I did a 1 mile race in 15:30ish I don't have an official time for us. Our son did his first race ever! He took 2nd for his age group in the 1 mile (he is 5) and finished in 11:45.

Update 3.23.2013

We ended up having our baby later on the 16th-- so we waddled the 1 mile race together. Took a nap. Went into labor, less than 5 hours later we had a baby. Holy freaking fast. I felt great until yesterday. Then I felt like I'd been hit by a train. Now I'm feeling much better. My husband hid the scale from me since I started to weigh myself multiple times a day. I think my starting weight is 165 though, and I'd like to get down to 145. Pre-pregnancy weight was 140-- but with breastfeeding, I'm giving myself 5 pounds worth of boobs! =)

I'm going to start calorie counting again. Once it starts warming up I'll be taking little strolls around the neighborhood. I'm not feeling up for anything more than that yet. Midwife says to take it easy for the first 6 weeks. My plan is to see how my body is feeling-- and right now it's feeling like strolls and sleep sound good.

An hour after giving birth. Yes this was an at home birth!

Hans-- less than 24 hours old. 7 pounds 4 ounces 21 inches long. Born at 40 weeks and 2 days. 

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mefingas
by Morgan on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM
You look awesome. Good luck tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twnkedee
by Tia on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM

You look great!! Thanks for the update!

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM
You look great! You're all belly :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Thanks for the update, Erica!  You look awesome, and I'm so proud of how you've stayed healthy during this pregnancy!!  I know it can be scary to get pregnant after losing so much weight, and you've done it gloriously!  =)

dumbbell

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaKarrot
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM

You look fantastic! 

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
You look great. enjoy your last days/weeks of pregnancy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

You look awesome mama!  Hugs!

Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Congratulations!  He's a doll!

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Congratulations! He is beautiful and you look fantastic! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Yay!!!!  Congratulations, you both are just beautiful!  I LOVE that you had a homebirth- of course the midwife heart in me sings!  =)

So happy for you!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)