Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

IDK What I can DO?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have been trying to live a better lifestyle because well for me:)  I started my journey on January 1st of this year.  My family and I have joined a gym and are trying to eat better.  I have lost 16pounds since which I am thrilled.  However, this past week nothing....so I am wondering if I could have plateau'd....if so what can you change to jump start I supposed my metabloism to get loosing again.....I need to loose quite a bit(my ideal weight is still a long reach but I am working on it).  I would appreciate any ideas or tips:) Thanks!

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Bubbles.
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM
A one week plateau happens. Just stay on track and push water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM

16 lbs since Jan is great :)

I wouldn't worry much about 1 week-  if it continues 3 or 4 weeks then yeah.  I'd just stick to what you are doing and avoid the scale for a week or so before checking again ;)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM

You're doing great mama!  True plateaus last more than one week.  They usually last 3 weeks or more.  You can always try switching up your workouts to see what happens.  Hugs and good luck!

babybutastink
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Thanks everyone:)  I knew you can have this plateu but didnt know when or how long it can last....thanks for advise & support

K_D88
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM
You are doing amazing. Great job. Don't get frustrated just remember how great you are doing. Having you tried increasing your water consumption. I know that helps me. Have you heard of the my fitness pal app? Its wonderful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM

This. Change up your workout. HIIT always helps me break through a plateau.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You're doing great mama!  True plateaus last more than one week.  They usually last 3 weeks or more.  You can always try switching up your workouts to see what happens.  Hugs and good luck!

butterflycircle
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM

That is great! The 16lbs part : ) I wouldn't worry about 1 week though. Your body weight can change daily just from water retention too. Stay positive : )

Switching up your work out can help. Also if you eat specific things at specific times (like fruit in the morning every day and a salad at lunch every day) switching that up can help to (try your fruit at lunch time and your salad with dinner kind of thing). Of course drinking a lot of water too : )

vivi72
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM

It is possible I finally broke a plateau and then went back it's up and down and up and down.  You can not give up you have to keep going.  If your looking for a buddy with a big amount to lose I'm here for you!ninja

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Here's the thing about weight loss: You can do everything "right" and your body just won't do what you want it to do.  The scale will stay the same some weeks.  And some weeks you may even gain.  You really should focus on the overall trend--which is downwards.

You need to look at your average: You are down 16 pounds in less than 16 weeks.  Your rate of loss is around 1.5 pounds a week.    I am not surprised that your body took a week off---That's quite a lot to lose per week, on average.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I agree, you won't see the scale move every single week.  I would even go 6-8 weeks with nothing, then suddenly, 8 lbs would be gone.  That doesn't mean changes aren't happening, it just means that one of your many tools aren't picking up on it yet.  I've lost entire pant sizes without seeing a change on the scale.  Trust in the process, and keep moving forward!  You're losing at a great rate!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)