Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Frustrated *vent*

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
Last year, I got motivated and dropped about 60lbs in 6 mos (just diet and exercise and taking my meds for insulin resistance like I should). Summer and having the kids home derailed me and I just never quite got back into my routine of eating well and regular exercise. I ended up putting most of the weight back on because I fell right back into my old, food addict habits.

I keep getting back on track for a few days and then lapse right back. I am getting so frustrated with myself because I know I can do it! I have done it, I NEED to do it and I just can't seem to kick myself back into gear :(

I want to just bang my head in frustration!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Silvertears1275
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM

It's hard... many of us have started, faltered, started again... 

What motivated you so well last time?  I know, for me, keeping a journal helps so I can have a record of the small changes and how I feel to look back on when I get frustrated. 

JulesFairy
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM
You just have to keep trying. Maybe doing it with a buddy will help this time. That way you have someone to hold you accountable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I like the journal idea also a goal wall is good to have. Something to look ay evetyday to inspire you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I've been there...I lost about 60 lbs like 7 years ago- looked and felt great and swore I'd NEVER go back.  A few months after reaching that, we moved to a new state and I wasn't cleaning ful time anymore and we endd up living in a hotel for about 3 weeks- it started creeping back...then, though I tried to maintain (eating about 15-1600 calories a day) I STILL gained.  After a few months I sort of jsut gave up and said screw it which led to me gaining a lot of it back- then another move to another state-no friends no family- lost my job and had no money to do anything and it was cold all the time, I sat around and ate and drank every night...needless to say I gained ALL of it back plus another...25.   stayed that way even though I hated it and knew I could lose it again IF I wanted to for a few years and then I got up one day jsut over a year ago and decided it was time. And that I needed to include working out this time and whatnot and KEEP it off. 

I  guess you jsut have to get to a point where you are just DONE. And you realise that NOTHING is going to stop you, not hubby or kids or the scale showing you a number you don't want to see or whatever.  For me- it was clothes shopping that finally did it, after about the 3rd time I had gone and ended up in tears when I got home.. It was only a couple of days later that .I had decided I'd had enough and was going to do this again- and hopefully, better this time

You CAN do this, but you hae to get to that point  on your own

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM

* also, start with making some small goals that you can easily reach. That will help you feel like you are accomplishing something, and make you want to keep going.

For me, that was working out at least 15 min EVERY day,  and drinking one bottle of plain water a day...then I've built on those as I go (now it's x amount of min. a week or month of work outs- and 3 bottles of water a day and staying within my calorie range of course daily too )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN